Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't Copy Paste in Email

Regular Visitor

Can't Copy Paste in Email

Just recently COMCAST email won't let me copy/paste - it insists that I use Control/V but when I do all I see is computer gibberish.  For example: 

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000200 EndHTML:000620487 StartFragment:000619925 EndFragment:000620347 StartSelection:000619925 EndSelection:000620340 SourceURL:https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/ XFINITY Connect Drafts

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000200 EndHTML:000638117 StartFragment:000630772 EndFragment:000637981 StartSelection:000630772 EndSelection:000637970 SourceURL:https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/XFINITY Connect

I tried connecting on Live Chat but it seemed to churn for an eternity. Can anyone help? And yes I've tried Control/C to copy - makes no difference.  This is only happening in email.  

Email Expert

Re: Can't Copy Paste in Email

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.  If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  Also, where are you trying to copy from?  Something on the internet, or from a word processor like Word or what?  I just tried and I can copy and paste just fine in the webmail.  I tried both from a document and a news website.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you for trying, but we clear out the cache pretty much daily, and it doesn't matter where I copy or cut from (email or Word docs - can't recall if I've tried copying from the internet).  It still insists on my pasting/inserting using Control V and when I do it garbles the entire email. The most recent COMCAST repairman to visit us said we needed to use Edge as a browser to avoid other (worse) problems, altho I've tried googling xfinity & entering that way, and the problem remains. I really miss the abilty to insert tables into emails as well, and how unstable the pitch size seems to be. But that's just me whining.

Since your xfinity email isn't doing the same thing, that tells me it isn't another horrible new feature of Xfinity email (along with the loss of the ability to insert tables). So thank you again, for taking the time to answer. I guess it's time to have a Comcast repairmen visit again (they haven't been here in six months, so we're overdue).

Email Expert

Can you PM me one of the problematic files or tables as an attachment?  I'd like to see if I can duplicate your issue myself.  Just don't include any personal information.  Click on my name to message me.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon