Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't Access Email...Is it just me?

Regular Contributor

Can't Access Email...Is it just me?

I was just reading and writing emails when a message popped up. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what it said but I've seen if before in the past. Something about the server I think. After sending the email I'd just written, I can't get back and access email AT ALL. It just "sits and spins". Anyone else having this problem? I'm about 99% sure it isn't an issue on my end...something that I need to do. I'm actually starting to wonder if the Super Bowl doesn't have something to do with it. Making things so busy... (just a thought! I don't know)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't Access Email...Is it just me?

mind just quit working also. I get a box saying user name or password is incorrect for comcast email. worked fine 30 min ago. ????

New Poster

I'm getting this message:

Some Customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect ® Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Do they actually plan on fixing the issue, expecting some super important emails this afternoon.

New Poster

I am having the same problem... When I try to access email on my computer it gives me an error message that the email service is not available. The strange thing is that at the bottom of that message it says "3 months ago". Not sure whats up with this, but I hope comcast solves it soon because I'm expecting important emails.

New Poster

Re: cannot get mail

yup same problem here... when I try to access email on the computer it says that the service is not available and apparently engineers are working on the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Same! How frustrating........jeez......grrrr

Contributor

I also noticed my (imap) @comcast.net account cannot receive email right now; but my Apple @icloud.com account is working.

Outgoing from @comcast.net is working; again, just not receiving.

I'm hoping Comcast fixes this.  I hope those who might need to contact me for any emergencies (I'm attached to emergency services) also use my phone or text methods, today.

Regular Contributor

baroober wrote:

I'm getting this message:

Some Customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect ® Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Do they actually plan on fixing the issue, expecting some super important emails this afternoon.

Thanks for posting that. I never received that message. Frankly, I'm glad it isn't just me having this problem! (I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just glad it isn't another thing I have to figure out how to fix!) I may be wrong, but I could swear similar things like this have happened on "busy" days, like the Super Bowl. I guess all we can do is sit and wait and hope a lot, right? Oh, and Comcast? Your obscenely high bill has been paid. Thanks for the great service and excellent communication as usual when things go haywire. (I had to sneak in SOME sarcasm) Btw..I'm on the Washington State Coast. I'm wondering how widespread this thing is...
New Poster

Mine is saying the same thin called Comcast and the guy couldn't help me He said someone would call back before 5 to help me
Frequent Visitor

NGS, thx for posting the message, including your sarcasm!!!! LOL Figures we would have trouble on superbowl sunday, never the middle of the night on a Wednesday.

Frequent Visitor

thx for the responses, at least we know its not our devices. Look at the other posts, some are getting a response from comcast saying they are having problems. Guess we just wait...

Regular Visitor

what is going on.  We have a different home page, which we did not ask for and we cannot get on our regular email.    we rely on this,what the  h---  are we suppose to do??????????

we are not on windows 10 and we are internet explorer.

New Poster

Florida

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  So it's not just me, either.  Hope it is corrected soon.

New Poster

colorado

Regular Visitor

Ditto. Here. Can't access email. Same message/issues as other posts.

Regular Contributor

baroober wrote:

Florida

Wow. That's definitely widespread. We're about as far apart as you can get! I'm on the southern coast of Washington State. (Tokeland, Wa) I guess now that I know they're aware of the problem all I (we) can do is take a deep breath and wait. (thanks for posting that, I was curious)
New Poster

are we being hacked

New Poster

I am having the same problem on my computer as well as my smartphone.  And the message on comcast.com does say 3 months ago.  Has anyone heard anything from Comcast. Is anyone working again?

New Poster

Comcast Email

Is it down right now?

New Poster

Has anyone been able to actually get through to anyone via phone or chat?  I'm not very tech savvy, so my question is, do any emails sent to us while it is down get delivered when it is working again or are they just lost?

New Poster

email issues

is there a problem accessing email accounts today

New Poster

Re: Comcast Email

mine isnt working in shreveport either!

Regular Contributor

baroober wrote:

Has anyone been able to actually get through to anyone via phone or chat?  I'm not very tech savvy, so my question is, do any emails sent to us while it is down get delivered when it is working again or are they just lost?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, (and by all means do if I am) but I'm pretty sure that once they've fixed this problem any emails will be "waiting" to be read. We just can't access them right now.
New Poster

NO EMail access in Beaverton, Oregon today!

New Poster

Re: email issues

email does not connect....everything else is fine

Regular Visitor

MIne is not working in California either.....Comcast does it again....

New Poster

Just a note to add to the mystery:  My husband and I are in Gig Harbor, Washington, and both have an email account through Comcast. His account has exactly the same problem/messages today that are noted here, but my account is receiving emails without problem. 

Email Expert

Mine wouldn't let me in for about 4 or 5 minutes then it was OK.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It was working fine here in SW Florida at 1.00pm.I had to restart my pc and then I got the message.

Frequent Visitor

We are having the same proplem in Nashville, TN!!!  Ugh!!!!

New Poster

Cannot get mail - Seattle, Washington

Message from iPhone 6:

The mail server "imap.comcast.net" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

Also, desktop iMac macmail also unable to get email.

New Poster

Same here. Couldn't access my email!?

New Poster

I'm in Oregon and can't get email either.  Been that way since earlier this morning.  What a pain....and we still have to pay the huge bills from Comcast.!

Regular Visitor

Same problem here in Atlanta. I keep getting the "password is incorrect" message. 

Regular Contributor

I don't know how many times I've said this here on this forum, but when things go wrong, and they do, (stuff happens) why can't an official Comcast employee come to this forum, let us know they're aware of a problem, and keep us informed and updated? Why is it always left up to US to figure out what's going on?....while being angry and frustrated the whole time. Things happen. I understand that. But, and I'll say this AGAIN, just please, KEEP US INFORMED! Don't leave us out here hangin' wondering what's going on! That bothers me more than anything else. Is that so hard to do? I think I speak for quite a few when I say that. We just want to know what's going on (officially) and what, if anything WE need to do... That's such a SIMPLE thing to do and would go a long way to easing peoples anger and frustration. It would for me anyway... I cannot understand why they don't do that. I don't get it. (Edit: Sorry for being so repetitive!....I just don't understand why they can't do something as simple as that. If you want to improve your reputation, that would be a good place to start!)
New Poster

Opposite side of the country - north GA

New Poster

Same here in the Bay Area...must be the superball (;

Frequent Visitor

Email not accessible

Is there an overall problem with Comcast email today? I'm unable to connect with any device.

Jeff Hansen

Contributor

Mine is down also . I read the most hated scam company in America does not really

care. The most hated company in America! You would think they would try to improve if the actually cared.

New Poster

Email Problems

Haven't been able to access my email at all this afternoon, either from Windows Live or directly thru Comcast.   What is going on?

New Poster

My email quit also. Laptop, phone and tablet.

Just said that password not good. Soon discovered, allllll email broken. Status says 3 months ago it was down.

Getting fed up with the VERY spotty service. No just email. I have an alternative service that will be available soon. Comcast just keeps raise rates and does not see the writing on the wall. Oh well, I can wait 'til the other service is ready.

Dan

New Poster

No email available

How much longer is this problem going to be going on ?

Silver Problem Solver

email service down

Hello,

So it looks like the email service is down here in California.  How long is this going to take until a comcast rep can let us know that they are aware of the problem.

Thanks

New Poster

Same thing here - my email doesn't work but my husband's email does.   So so frustrating.....

New Poster

Re: Email Problems

can't open email

New Poster

email log in fail

I can't log in to check my email.

Regular Visitor

Alabama. 1-800-COMCAST After waiting 50 minutes for a callback from the Phillipines, Comcast said that all outgoing mail "internationally" is shut down to repair their outgoing email and that it will take a day to resolve it. This is ridiculous.

New Poster

unable to get into my Comcast email

today we are unable to get into our comcast email account, does this have to do with the new Xfinity access page?

New Poster

2/7/16

My email has been down all morning.  Talked to a technician who claims it's not widespread, but on sitedown.co/comcast, there are dozens of messages complaining that email has been down for several hours.  Technician asked me to hold, then left me on hold for over 30 min.  I finally hung up because she never came back.

PLEASE FIX THIS COMCAST!!!