Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I move my email address to a different comcast account?

Regular Visitor

Can I move my email address to a different comcast account?

How can I move my email address to a different account, I am closing my account but want to keep the email for a few months and my daughter said she has room on her account?  I want to do this before I turn off my account. 

Thanks, Lisa 

Service Expert

Re: Can I move my email address to a different comcast account?

kinatederl wrote:

How can I move my email address to a different account, I am closing my account but want to keep the email for a few months and my daughter said she has room on her account?  I want to do this before I turn off my account. 

Thanks, Lisa 

When a customer disconnects or downgrades Internet and/or Voice service and has accessed their Comcast.net email at least once in the 90 days before doing so, they will automatically receive an email letting them know that we are keeping their email address active.

Their email account will remain active as long as it is accessed at least once every nine months.
This change applies to both active primary and secondary email addresses.
Customers can opt to permanently close their email account via My Account, if they wish to do so.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you the customer service told me different. 

Service Expert

kinatederl wrote:

Thank you the customer service told me different. 

What did they tell you?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

kinatederl wrote: ... want to keep the email ...

For reference: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-only-faqs
and http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only

If it was me, I'd move the addresses to the new account because I don't entirely trust their newfound email address generosity, which they could undo at any time. Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help you. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Regular Visitor

Thanks so much
Frequent Visitor

Everyone shuld be aware of the fact that after a new account is created Comcast will block access to all related email addresses until the users log in and accept Terms and Policies.  My terrible experience was that after the new account was created, a few days ago, all email addresses were not blocked for about 2 days.  Then after about 2 days all of the addresses were blocked.  My adult stepdaughter tryed to use her cell phone while the address was blocked.  This cell phone provider requires that the account number be the user's email address to which alerts, etc., will be sent.  So when she tried to use her cell phone, she was asked to pick a new phone number from an available list of numbers.  She picked one and does not know what else she did, but her cell phone became a brick.  Now, when logging in to her cell phone account, it shows the new number that she picked but nothing else related to that account is shown and she can not submit a ticket because her account has been deactivated.  When she tries to use the phone she is told that she needs to contact the cell phone service provider.

All this because I was not told about this blocking until after it was executed by Comcast.  I immediately logged in to the other 4 accounts we use for this cell phone and gateway service provider and accepted the Comcast Terms and Policies.