Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I create another email address for privacy reasons

Frequent Visitor

Can I create another email address for privacy reasons

I want to submit reviews to some respectible websites but I don't want my primary e-mail to be the one seen in the review.  Can I create a 'proxy' (if that's the word) email address that I can use-and that will still arrive in my 2010 Outlook program? Do I have to ADD the e-mail address to Outlook or will it be automatically received in my primary mail acct?

I would like any replies to show the proxy email address as well.

Thanks 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can I create another email address for privacy reasons

Create another account in Outlook and use it to send/ receive those emails.

Do not use XC for that purpose.

Open Outlook and click on Add an Account to set it up.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

What account would I add? I had a Hotmail account but I don't think it's active anymore.  I don't use Windows live or Gmail.  Would these be the type of accounts.  I'm getting a Windows Live ID failure message or error every time I boot so I'm hesitant to use it.

I'm guessing from your message it's best to stay away from my present account, even if it allows more users if I'm concerned about privacy.

Thanks for the help. 

[couldn't click on Kudos for some reason??]

Gold Problem Solver

I would delete any Windows Live Mail account you have set up, then re=create an account in WLM.  Or you could use Gmail or Thunderbird too.

Do you know all the settings you need for any of them?  They are the same for each one.  Do you use POP servers or IMAP servers?  The settings are abit diferent for IMAP servers.

Personally speaking, I would never use any web-based email program for email that I -1) Do not want to not lose, 2) That I may want to save elsewhere on my PC, or on a thumb drive or CD.

While I have all of them set up, that is because I use them a great deal in helping Users with Email programs.  If I can help further, post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Service Expert

Try sending an email to your hotmail account to see if it's still active.  If it is, you can set it up in Outlook to use for the reviews.

Alternately, you can create a new Outlook.com account [formerly hotmail] at outlook.com, or a Gmail account or a Yahoo! account, all of which are free and can be set up in your Outlook program after creation; or you can just log in to those websites to get and send your email.  I would stay away from creating a secondary account in Comcast and using that, however.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon