Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can I change the label of email "set color"?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Can I change the label of email "set color"?

Can I change the label of email "set color"? Currently, the labels are the color names (e.g., the word "red" is used for the red color). I would like to rename the word "red" to "Critical." (I am not trying to change the color.)

Thanks

Rick Zzzz
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I change the label of email "set color"?

Then I'll have to say no, there is no way to change that feature.  However, thinking about it, you can accomplish the same thing by just creating folders/sub-folders with any name you like, say "Important" or "Follow up", then just move or copy emails from the Inbox to the appropriate folder.  I can't think of any email program that lets you alter their flagging feature as you describe it.

View answer in context
Email Expert

You need to clarify just what you are trying to do.  You are not trying to change the color of what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

In Xfinity email, the mail toolbar across the top includes an icon that looks like a bookmarker. Mouse over it and it's called "Set Color." Click on it, and you will see a list of different colors that you can chose to "mark" your email (see attached screenshot). The first color is red and it's named or labeled "Red." I want to change the name "Red" to "Important." Can I do that, and if so, how? I do not want to change the color; I want to change the color name. In Microsoft Outlook, Color Categories allowed me to change the color name to suit my purposes. Thus, my colors could be named as follows: The color red was named "Important" (not "Red"); The color yellow was named "Follow Up" (not "Yellow"); The color green was named "Financial" (not "Green"). Since I am not colorblind, I can see the color, so I do not need to be told what color it is. Instead, I want to use colors as a way of easily differentiating emails at a glance. However, I do not want to have to use a Post-It note to help me to remember what each color represents. Instead, I want to change the color name in Xfinity so that instead of seeing the word "Red," I'll see the word "Important" across from the red Set Color.
Rick Zzzz
2018-02-08 (2).png
Email Expert

Then I'll have to say no, there is no way to change that feature.  However, thinking about it, you can accomplish the same thing by just creating folders/sub-folders with any name you like, say "Important" or "Follow up", then just move or copy emails from the Inbox to the appropriate folder.  I can't think of any email program that lets you alter their flagging feature as you describe it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for your quick response and suggestion. I already use folders. The email program that allowed me to change the name of the flagging feature was Microsoft Outlook Exchange. The feature was called "Categories."
Rick Zzzz
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation