Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CANNOT RECEIVE EMAIL

Frequent Visitor

CANNOT RECEIVE EMAIL

I have been unable to receive an email on my comcast email account since December, 2014.  Did a chat with a Comcast Rep., and they were unable to resolve the issue.  I can send messages from the email address, but I cannot receive anything there.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Comcast's next step was to have a service tech. come out.  I want to avoid that if at all possible.  Help??????????

Service Expert

Re: CANNOT RECEIVE EMAIL

Are you using Xfinity Connect (online mail access) or an email client such as Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc?

If you use an email client, how long have you been using it? Are you getting any error messages when you try to receive mail? If so, please post the entire error. If your user name is included in the error xxx it out, but leave @comcast.net.

Also if you are using an email client, have you signed in to Xfintiy Connect to see if the mail is there?

You do not need a tech to help you with your email issues and you would be charged for the tech visit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am using Xfinity Connect email - nothing else.  I do not receive error messages or anything.  Nothing is getting through.  Oddly enough though, as I said, I can send emails without incident.  I've sent emails to a bunch of people without a problem.  I just cannot receive any.  When I was chatting with the rep., he sent me a "test" email.  I did not receive it at my email address, but my husband received it as his Xfinity email address.  Of course I did not discover this until after my chat was completed and unresolved.  I have since set up a new email address for myself, but I'm wondering how many emails I've missed at my old (non-working) address.  I just don't know what to do.  It seems if you can't fix Comcast by unplugging it, waiting for a minute, plugging it back in or getting rid of your "cache", they don't have any other suggestions.  Not very happy with this company right now.

Email Expert

One thing to check for sure-----------

Assuming that you are in either your Primary, or an unrestricted Secondary account, check to see if your "Safe List" is enabled--------------

Click on either "Account" or My Account" at the top of your screen, depending on which page you are on at the moment. It should ask you to sign in again. When you have done so, it should take you to a page with four tabs at the top that say "Overview", "Billing and Payments", "My Services", and "Users and Preferences". Click on "Users and Preferences" if it's not open already, and you should see another page with your name and address, account number and other things. You should see two tabs----"Basic Settings", and to the right of it ------"Email Settings". Click on that and you will see several choices including the Safe List. If it's enabled the button will be green.

When the Safe List is enabled, the only emails that will go to your Inbox will be from addresses or domains you deliberately put on that list manually. Nothing else will get through. So if it's turned on, you need to turn it off. It has been known to become enabled by itself, with no action on your part.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion, but "SAFE LIST" is off.  I've checked all the email settings and to me, there is no visible reason my emails are not getting through.

Service Expert

When you checked to see if Safe List was turned on did you also look to see if email forwarding has been set up?

That's the only other thing I can think of to check.

One of the options for mail forwarding is to keep a copy of a received mail in your account. If this is not set then all mail goes somewhere else and a copy is not retained in your Comcast mail.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi Queen-Evie.  Yes, I've checked to make sure forwarding was also turned off.  I've checked all of my settings, and there is no reason for my emails not to be coming to my address.  Thanks for your input.  I appreciate it.  I'm afraid there is no fix for this.  I know it is something on Comcast's end, but can't figure it out.  My husband is receiving his emails just fine.  It's a mystery why I can send out an email, but nothing can be received at that address.  Like I've said, I had to resort to using a new email address.  I don't want to pay for a service call from Comcast, so I guess I'll just have to live with it as they can't seem to figure it out either.  Thanks again.

Email Expert

I'm curious-----if you send yourself an email at the problem account from some other email provider you have like Yahoo or Gmail etc, does it generate any kind of bounce message at the other account?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No.  It's the strangest thing.  How can I send emails to people at different accounts like aol successfully?  I have a yahoo account, and I've tried sending myself something @comcast.net - nothing.  Nothing to indicate that my sent email didn't go through.  My sister has a gmail account; she can receive emails from me, but hers don't get through to me, and she gets no alert that her message was not received by me.  I get so many emails from various companies, and nothing is getting through.  I had to go into a lot of accounts I have to let them know that my email has changed as I was forced to create a new comcast.net account.  I just don't understand how this could be happening.

Email Expert

I'm going to suggest you call Comcast security and ask if they can spot anything wrong with that account---------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

One other thing------you said you weren't using an email client---------but do you have the account enabled on another device like a smart phone or a tablet?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No, I don't have that email enabled on any other device.  Thanks for all of your suggestions.  I will try calling Comcast Security to see if they can help me when I get a moment.  I know anytime I call Comcast, it is a long call.  I will let you know after I contact them if they can help me.  Again, thank you for your advice.  I appreciate it greatly.