Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAIL FOLDERS

Frequent Visitor

CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAIL FOLDERS

A few weeks back when I restarted my computer my whole email page was reconfigured.  Now I cannot access my email folders unless I select edit folders.  When I do that I'm only allowed to edit the folders but not access the emails in them.  Is anyone else having this problem.  Or did you have this problem and were able to resolve it?  I changed to outlook and had the same issue.

Email Expert

Re: CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAIL FOLDERS

Are you using the Comcast webmail UI through a browser?  When you say it was reconfigured, what do you mean?  What operating system and browser are you using?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm using Firefox.  By reconfigured I can no longer see my folders and I have to hover just above the options bar for items to highlight so I can select things like preferences.  I hope this makes sense.   Where my folders should be I'm able to see just the word folders with an edit capability just to the right of the word folders.  At the bottom of that section I just see the word loading like the system is trying to do something but it never does.

Service Expert

You're in the Lite version of webmail.  To change back to the Full version click on Preferences then on the General icon.  Under Version tick the Full version radio button.  Then click on the word Email to take you back to your Inbox.  You should see your folders.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I've tried working in both versions.  Unfortunately under the full version is where I can't see my folders and I can't reply to email because I get the cannot send red circle with a line through it and it unhighlights that option.  This has been the most frustrating issue I've had with Comcast email.   Because I'm very computer illiterate I don't do anything to my system as long as all is working right.  I've never changed anything to my email and now I've got this issue.  Makes no sense to me to have my email look one way one day and functional, then when I turn my computer on the next day everything is changed and I'm limited on what I can see and do.

Service Expert

This is what the Full version looks like:

full version.JPG

Notice there is no edit on that Mailboxes bar.

This is what the Lite version looks like and apparently what you're seeing:

Lite version.JPG

According to what you're saying, you can only see the folders if you click on edit.  But, notice the arrow next to the word Folders:

Lite version 2a.jpg

By clicking on that you should see your folders and your Inbox.  You are still in the Lite Version.

If you want to switch back to the Full version, click on Preferences, then General, then click on Version.  It will show what version of Xfinity Connect you are using, either Full or Lite.  If Lite, click on Full.

Version General.JPG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have switched back and forth between the full and lite versions many times hoping to see something different.  The full version pix you show is what my email used to look like.  However now if I try to use the full version I can't send, reply, etc. to any emails.  I can do that in the lite version though, that's why I have to function from the lite version.  Neither version allows me to do anything with my folders.  I don't have any boxes, plus signs, anything to the right of any of my folders like I used to.  That's what I mean by reconfigured, I used to have the page you show in the full version but somehow I can no longer get there.  I have no idea what happened, I've rebootted and called Comcast and they've said no one has ever had this problem.  I'm going to attach a copy of my email page, hopefully, so you can see what it looks like.  Is there a way I can copy and attach what my page looks like without jeopardizing my info?

Email Expert

You'll have to use some kind of image handling software to redact any personal information from a screenshot.  Or you could just crop the shot so there is no personal info in it.  We're just interested in the folder pane at this point.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Also, what operating system are you using?  Windows [Vista, 7.0, 8.0, 8.1, 10?]  Mac?

What version of Firefox are you using?  [Look under Help/About Firefox]

What version of Outlook did you try?  [Outlook.com, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016?]

Have you tried using a different browser to see if the results are the same?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I just did another reboot and Xfinity site still can't access my folders in either the full or lite version.  Just tried Outlook again in the full version and have my old email back with folders, etc.  I tried Outlook yesterday and it didn't work but after this last reboot it did.  Keeping my finders crossed it continues.  Looks like I'll be using Outlook.  Thanks for your patience in trying to work this out.  Still baffles me as to why Firefox won't work for me anymore.