Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Box keeps coming up saying type our user name and password -- I have but this request keeps returnin

New Poster

Box keeps coming up saying type our user name and password -- I have but this request keeps returnin

This is an email account I have not used for a long time.  My guess is that I have a bunch of emails that have come in that I have not opened and this is preventing me from accessing my account.  

I have a second question.  I can access my account on line, which only shows 174 emails in my inbox.  I want to delete all of these quickly.  Is there a clever way to do this?  My guess is that once I delete these 174, 174 more will pop up and I will have to keep doing this until most have been deleted.  I am thinking that this will enable me to send and receive emails on this account again. 

Thoughts?

Email Expert

Re: Box keeps coming up saying type our user name and password -- I have but this request keeps retu

This is a bit confusing.  Are you using a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird or something?  Or are you only using the Comcast webmail interface?  If you can access the email Inbox using only the webmail through your browser, are you still in the old email format or the new one?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon