Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocked email

New Poster

Blocked email

My comcast email is blocking email from an email I would like to receive emails from. How do I take off this block?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Blocked email

Perhaps the missing messages are being placed in the Spam folder in Xfinity Connect webmail. In My Account / Users & Preferences / (userid) / Email Settings, if "Spam Filtering" is On, then "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" should be selected as well. If it isn't, messages they consider to be spam will be discarded.

Check your email filters in webmail under Preferences / Email / Email filters.

Is the sender getting a bounce message?

If your account is configured to save copies of spam emails, but the missing messages are not in the Spam folder, and the sender is not receiving a bounce message, give Comcast Security Assurance a call. They manage blocking of email senders and can help identify the cause of problems like this one. Call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/). Note that this is NOT the general customer service number.

The first-line reps at CSA are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

Re: Blocked email

Thanks Bruce.  I'll give it a try