Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Best E-mail Client?

Frequent Visitor

Best E-mail Client?

I want to use a true Windows (8.1 and 7) e-mail client, rather than web mail, to handle Comcast and MSN addresses.

I'm wanting a client that handles each address separately with its own set of in, out, sent and delete boxes. That rules out the current Outlook and Thunderbird. The old Windows Live Mail and Eudora clients were perfect had they not been abandoned by their developers.

Do you use a client that you like to do what I'm after? Many thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Jmagru

Service Expert

Re: Best E-mail Client?

jmagru2 wrote:

I want to use a true Windows (8.1 and 7) e-mail client, rather than web mail, to handle Comcast and MSN addresses.

I'm wanting a client that handles each address separately with its own set of in, out, sent and delete boxes. That rules out the current Outlook and Thunderbird. The old Windows Live Mail and Eudora clients were perfect had they not been abandoned by their developers.

Do you use a client that you like to do what I'm after? Many thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Jmagru

Why do you feel it rules out Thunderbird?  I have at least 10 email addresses set up in Thunderbird, each with their own folders and incoming and outgoing servers.  I have no problems with it at all.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My understanding from Thunderbird's documentation is that it uses a common inbox for a main account that then distributes incoming mail to subboxes for the other addresses. That's the way the new web Outlook is working, and it is forcing me to send all outgoing mail from the address of the main account.

It sounds like you're having a different experience with Thunderbird, in which case it could be an answer for me.

Email Expert

I agree with Again;  I use Mac Mail but I also have Thunderbird on the computer and it's a perfectly capable client.  In fact it has a lot more bells and whistles than most people ever need.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll try Thunderbird.