members

online now

discussions

Back on the SPAM Blacklist - AGAIN

Frequent Visitor

Back on the SPAM Blacklist - AGAIN

Here we go again...

Final-recipient: rfc822; ****@mdpd.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.2.1 Mailbox unavailable. Your IP address 69.252.207.34 is blacklisted using UBL. Details: http://www.lashback.com/support/UBLLookup.aspx.

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 22:02:27 +0000

I can not send email to Miami Dade Police Department...again...

Connection Expert

Re: Back on the SPAM Blacklist - AGAIN

Have you contacted Miami-Dade PD to find out what they are using as a criteria to ban you?

Either you are doing something to violate their Terms and condidtions or you have been infected with some sort of a Spam Agent that is using your computer to harrass the M-DPD.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Look at the error message more closely.  I am not being blocked.  COMCAST is being blocked.  I only send two or three emails to Miami-Dade PD each week. Not enough volume to trigger a SPAM algorithm.  The text is short and plain-text.  Again, nothing to trigger a blacklisting.

I think there is someone else on the same email server as I, who is SPAM'ing and causing the server address to be blocked.

COMCAST needs to contact UBL and see if they can identify the source of SPAM, or get UBL to modify their algorithm to allow the email traffic to pass.

Official Employee

Hello,

We have attempted to communicate and resolve the matter with this blocklist operator once again. Unfortunately, due to their unorthodox approach to handling incidents, we cannot guarantee that this will completely resolve or will not reoccur. We remain active in the anti-abuse community, especially with operations such as SpamHaus, ReturnPath, and other mailbox providers, to ensure successful mail delivery, but cannot always guarantee that all blocklist operators will reciprocate.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your attention to this matter and for your frankness.

My hope is that your department will continue to be aware of this problem and continue to work with UBL to assure them of your commitment to fighting SPAM.