Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BCC list

Regular Visitor

BCC list

My old list of adresses for "BCC" on emails no longer works.  Error message doesn't say what is wrong.   What is the correct format for such a list? 

Email Expert

Re: BCC list

Can you clarify--------does anything happen when you start typing a contact into any of the To:, Cc: or Bcc fields?  Are you still on the old format or the new one?  What does the error message say?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

It just says "address error" and shows the whole list.  I've tried several formats- the most recent being addresses separated by semi-colons.  I used to use commas but that didn't work so I tried semi-colons.

Email Expert

OK I can't see what you're looking at.  And I can't duplicate the problem myself.  So some questions;  how are you accessing the email--------on a computer using a browser, or on a tablet or what?  If you start typing the name in the To: field it should show up in a drop-down list that appears and then you click on it to put it into the field.  Are you on the old email format or the new one?  Here is an example of what I mean in the new format--------------------------

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 6.19.11 PM.jpg

After you select it from the list, it looks like this--------------------------

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 6.19.41 PM.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Sorry I wasn't clearer.  I have a list of 36 addresses in a Word document which I copy and paste into the BCC field.   As I say this used to work fine but after the latest update it doesn't.

Email Expert

OK I've conducted a little experiment.  My desktop is an iMac, and the word processing program I have in it is "Pages"---the Apple answer to MS Word.  I created a new blank document, then typed 4 email addresses in it, each separated with a comma.  I then copied and pasted them into the To: and Bcc: fields in a Comcast email compose window in the new format, and they worked like a charm.

So then I signed into my MS One Drive account and did the same thing using the online version of MS Word.  Again, all the addresses appear just as they should in the Comcast To: and Bcc: fields when I do a copy-and-paste.

So I have to ask-------just how do you have them in the Word document?  All I did was type them in a row separated by commas, and no spaces.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I have them with comma and carriage returns between each (new line for each).   I have tried without the commas so maybe the CR is the problem.  Either that or there are too many.  I'll experiment and figure out which.

Regular Visitor

Ok. I tried sending just the first 12 on my list with and without the commas (both with the CR's ) and it worked fine with the commas.  Evidently there is a limit on the number of addresses.  I'll just send a third at a time for now and figure out the actual limit later.  Thanks for your help.

Email Expert

You are supposed to be able to send to up to 100 contacts in a single email.  So I don't think it's that.  You are probably right though that the CR is the culprit here.  I'll tell you that when I did the example in Word the line was too long and it automatically word-wrapped to the next line.  I didn't do a manual CR.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks.  I've gotten past the immediate problem (BCC'ing a dozen at a time).  When I have more time I'll experiment with taking out the CR's.  It would be nice to do it all at once.