members

online now

discussions

Automatically forward email

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 13 (28,715 Views)

Automatically forward email

How can I automatically forward all my email from comcast.net (Xfinity Connect) to my gmail address?  Since comcast changed to Xfinity I cannot find the forwarding option.

12 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 13 (28,707 Views)

Re: Automatically forward email

dmgmd50 wrote:

How can I automatically forward all my email from comcast.net (Xfinity Connect) to my gmail address?  Since comcast changed to Xfinity I cannot find the forwarding option.

Hello,

1. Login to your xfinity connect.

2, Click the preference tab

3, Click on the email on the left side

4. Click on auto forwarding option

From there follow the ine instruction and click save and your done.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 13 (28,681 Views)

Where is the auto forwarding option?  Is this all reliable?  Will all emails come into gmail with the original sender's name or with sender as my comcast account?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 13 (28,679 Views)

Will my Xfinity mailbox keep a copy of all my emails if they are automatically forwarded to gmail?

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 5 of 13 (28,663 Views)

dmgmd50 wrote:

Will my Xfinity mailbox keep a copy of all my emails if they are automatically forwarded to gmail?

If you want to leave a copy on the Comcast mail server you can.  At one point in the set up process you can tick a box to "Keep a Local Copy".  Follow the procedure reasd posted and you'll see it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 6 of 13 (26,084 Views)
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 13 (20,203 Views)

There is no email tab on the left side, not is there a forwarding button anywhere that I can find. I can't find antything on the forum that's recent. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 8 of 13 (19,537 Views)

You do this from My Account, not Webmail.  There is an email settings option.  You click the Users & Preferences tab on the top then you will see about 1/4 from the top next to "Basic Settings" a tab that says "Email Settings" Email Forwarding is there.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 13 (18,251 Views)

Don't use Google Chrome, Email Settings does not show up. Firefox is confirmed working as of 3/3/2014.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 13 (12,140 Views)

Is there a way to do the "reverse" forwarding discussed here? I would love to forward my little-used gmail account to my comcast.net account (I use Outlook)

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-04-2014 12:38 PM

Visitor

Message 11 of 13 (11,953 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's pretty easy. On the right hand side of your gmail account, there is a "gear" icon. Click on that and a box will drop down with various choices. Click on "settings" and go across the headings at the top until you find Forward and POP IMAP. Click on that and enter your email address after "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" . 

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-16-2015 12:40 AM

Visitor

Message 12 of 13 (3,831 Views)

[ Edited ]

reasd wrote:

dmgmd50 wrote:

Hello,

1. Login to your xfinity connect.

2, Click the preference tab

3, Click on the email on the left side

4. Click on auto forwarding option

From there follow the ine instruction and click save and your done.

You can safely ignore these instructions - they're incorrect. There's nothing called 'email' to click on on the left side of the screen.  There's a section called 'Contact Emails' that has 'add alternate email address for password retrieval, etc; and a 'manage marketing email preferences'. If you go ahead and set up an alternate email address, Comcast will send a confirmation email that contains a link to confirm - when you click it, it goes back to the xfinity servers, and they give you the following message:

Uh oh. We were unable to complete your request. Please click on the link in the email and try again. We apologize for any inconvenience.

...if you try to change preferences from there on, you get this:

Error saving preference.

As of 11/15/2015, there's currently no possible way to set up automatica email forwarding. Hopefully, Comcast/XFinity will fix this sometime soon, but it's very doubtful -- if they can't figure out the important stuff like connectivity, fixing a feature that's most used by poeple leaving their service is going to be pretty far down the priority list.

Confirmed with Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Opera.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 13 of 13 (3,811 Views)

To auto-forward Comcast email----------

Sign in to your account, and then click on My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Forwarding. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.

The post you responded to is over 4 years old.  I'm closing the thread.

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program