Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Auto delete of emails

New Poster

Auto delete of emails

My inbox emails are being removed (to where, who knows) from time to time. I have set my preferences to have there keep "forever" but they still disappear. Two questions:

How can I get the removed emails back?

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Auto delete of emails

Most often email disappears from Comcast's "Xfinity Connect" webmail Inbox because an email program (ex: Outlook, Mac Mail) or mobile device (smartphone, tablet) removes the mail from the server.

Check all mobile devices and email programs on all computers. The missing mail may be in the Inbox of one of these. If you can't find the culprit, change the Comcast password for the affected userID to prevent mail from being removed. You can change your password in "My Account" (https://customer.xfinity.com/Secure/UserSettings/) under "Users & Preferences" / (username) / "Basic Settings" / Username / "Change password". Once you identify the offending device or program, change its settings to "Leave a copy on the server", and make sure that a "Delete after xxx days" or similar setting is not active.

The "Email Deletion Schedule" settings in Xfinity Connect do not protect messages from being removed by email programs or mobile devices.

New Poster

Re: Auto delete of emails

Bruce,

Thanks, I will give it a try and hope the problem is solved.