Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Attaching a document or file to an email in REPLY to an email

Frequent Visitor

Attaching a document or file to an email in REPLY to an email

I am fully aware on how to attach a document or file to an email........................LOOK FOR THE 'ATTACHMENT' icon. This is significantly obvious in COMPOSE, however, in REPLY.................to an email........................there is no ATTACHMENT option. What is one to do? HELP PLEASE. 

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: Attaching a document or file to an email in REPLY to an email

I'm on a desktop computer (Mac), and in both the old and new email formats I have the option to add an attachment to a forwarded message.  How are you accessing your email?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Accessing on Laptop. Tried thru both int wet net explorer 11 and chrome. Ol SD c version allowed attachment to REPLY but new version has no Attachment wording nor icon. Tripped it up by forwarding as a reply. ..but then I have to input all contacts. And cumbersome and not sure if that will provide a thread from the origin of the correspondence. Also shut down and rebooted and same occurrence on both browsers. What is the problem and why can't I reply with an attachment?
Email Expert

OK I just tried and as an example I opened the email notifcation I got for your post here in the forum.  When I click on the Reply arrow, I get this--------------------------

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 7.50.18 AM.jpg

I'm on the iMac running the latest version of Chrome.  Also, I tried it on my Dell laptop running Windows 10 and IE-11.  I see the same thing there.  The links are live and work just fine.  And I'm using the new format for this account.  Have you tried clearing cache/browsing history in either browser?  Then re-start it in a fresh session.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Appreciate so much your quick reply. I did again test a REPLY and now this same screen is appearing WITH the ATTACHMENT option. I DID NOTHING for changing settings or clearing cache. I do think that COMCAST was in the process of an upgrade according to a COMCAST rep in our conversation a few days ago. Either way, you are great for your response and quick reply. Thanks again. Shame that COMCAST doesn't pay or CREDIT their customers for doing QC for them!!!

Email Expert

Well I'm glad it worked out for you.  I was beginning to doubt what I was looking at

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon