Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Apple iPad

New Poster

Apple iPad

I cannot answer my emails.  They are not being sent.  A box appears: Password Required  Enter the password for the SMTP account -------@smtp.comcast.net  Then, I get to choose Cancel or OK.  Of course, I cancel.  I have no idea why this pops up!

Contributor

Re: Apple iPad

What email client are you using?  I've got the Xfinity Connect app on my iPad and have no issue when it asks me to log into my Xfinity/Comcast account.  If you're using Outlook, you might need to edit your email account or delete/re-add it and enter your login credentials as requested.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
EmailAcct.jpg
New Poster

I use my comcast.xfinity account ....   I just don't understand SMTP.....  I can receive my emails but cannot send my replies!

Is that what they call "phishing"?

Contributor

No, this is not phishing, which is when an email is received requesting you to click on links or respond with private information.  e.g. fishing for information to allow someone to get into your private accounts, etc....  SMTP is Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, an Internet standard for email transmission.   When you set up an email client which uses SMTP, you have to provide the address of the server (smtp.comcast.net) and your email address/logon credentials. 

How are you accessing your 'comcast.xfinity' account? Do you log in to the Xfinity/Comcast web site using a browser, open an email app (which one) or some other email client (which one)?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation