Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Apple Mail can't login using POP

New Poster

Apple Mail can't login using POP

Ever since the rollout of the new email system ("XFINITY Connect") my Apple Mail client is unable to login to the server using POP. I don't want to use IMAP on my home computer. I have three years of archived messages on my computer, and logging in using IMAP triggered an attempt by Apple Mail to reconcile the difference by re-uploading some 30,000 messages back onto the server. What a ridiculous waste of time and server space! Please help me reconnect using POP, so my messages can stay stored at home where they belong.

Email Expert

Re: Apple Mail can't login using POP

What POP settings are you using?  Do they match what is here?--------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Apple Mail can't login using POP

Yes, the settings are correct. Incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net / Port 995 (POP 3 with SSL). The settings did not change, and it has worked with those settings for years. I was able to connect using POP in February, but once they rolled out the "new" XFINITY Connect email in March, my Mail client suddently couldn't log in.