New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Apache Tomcat error

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Apache Tomcat error

I just received an error I've never seen before.  As far as I know, I don't have an app named Apache Tomcat/7.0.57.  Trying to find out what this is, and how do I get rid of it?  The error suggests I can get the root cause in Apache Tomcat/7.0.57 logs, but I can't find anything relating to this app or message?  Is this my problem or a problem with Comcast/Xfinity??

HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

type Exception report

message Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:978)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:857)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:842)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
	com.comcast.cima.login.agent.session.RealmSessionAuthnAgentFilterImpl.doFilter(RealmSessionAuthnAgentFilterImpl.java:92)
	com.comcast.cima.login.agent.BaseRealmAuthnAgentFilter.doFilter(BaseRealmAuthnAgentFilter.java:67)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
	com.comcast.cable.xcpreauth.service.MailBoxService.getEflStatusUrl(MailBoxService.java:647)
	com.comcast.cable.xcpreauth.service.MailBoxService.getSwanService(MailBoxService.java:607)
	com.comcast.cable.xcpreauth.controller.XcPreAuthController.index(XcPreAuthController.java:140)
	sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor63.invoke(Unknown Source)
	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:215)
	org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:781)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:721)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:83)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:943)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:877)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:966)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:857)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:842)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
	com.comcast.cima.login.agent.session.RealmSessionAuthnAgentFilterImpl.doFilter(RealmSessionAuthnAgentFilterImpl.java:92)
	com.comcast.cima.login.agent.BaseRealmAuthnAgentFilter.doFilter(BaseRealmAuthnAgentFilter.java:67)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.57 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.57

Accepted Solution

Re: Apache Tomcat error

The problem was a Comcast server problem, and not a problem with my computer.  It has since been resolved.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

I have the same problem and feel the problem is with Comcast's servers.

Regular Visitor

Same issure for me as well...did you get any help yet?

Problem Solver

Mine went away in less than 24 hours. No assistance was needed.

Regular Visitor

The problem was a Comcast server problem, and not a problem with my computer.  It has since been resolved.