Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyone else not receiving mails this morning and not able to connect to webmail?

New Poster

Anyone else not receiving mails this morning and not able to connect to webmail?

I receive mails first thing this morning but now I am not receiving mails and not able to connect to webmail

New Poster

Re: Anyone else not receiving mails this morning and not able to connect to webmail?

Yes, I am having the same problem and have been for 2 days. I wish someone from Comcast would weigh in here, they make it so hard to communicate with them.

Contributor

Re: Anyone else not receiving mails this morning and not able to connect to webmail?

Same here.  I keep getting:

Error

We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a moment.

Comcast e-mail is truly horrible.  Every two weeks, almost like clockwork, something or other goes wrong with it.  Two weeks ago, Easter Sunday, it get redirecting me back to the Xfinity homepage.  Two week before that it was the spinning wheel and then froze up.  Calling is usually worthless.  I've cleared everything, reset the modem, etc.  The problem is not my computer (this morning the phone can't accsss it either, it is Comcast!

They never post an updaye or any informtion, and do not seem to monitor these foums.  

Please get this fixed.
New Poster

Yes. Funny thing is my PC is old and has been giving me problems. so I thought it was my PC. I  am glad I looked on here and saw others having the same problem.

Anyone call Comcast?

Contributor

Same here. Mobile not working either.

New Poster

Well, I'm not glad there is a problem, just that it's not my PC this time. Smiley Happy

I get that same error message. They should not have rolled out the new one until it all worked properly.

Contributor

Mobile not working here either.   It would be nice if they put a message on their site, or on the phone when you call

Contributor

Just curious, Horatio. How long have you been on the new email? Just recently? I've been on it since last year...maybe almost a year now? I'm guessing they roll these new releases out in phases to different areas of the county so they can find out what problems exist and fix them before releasing to other parts of the country. Good concept, but it only works if you're actually going to FIX the existing problems before rolling out to newer areas. I've been having the same friggin' issues since I was switched over last year. Slow screen response time and email down almost on a weekly basis now.

Absolutely horrible.

Contributor

I just got through to Comcast customer service.  There is a Comcast e-mail problem that they are aware of.  As I spoke to the rep she said that she just received a ticket, whatever that is, detailing the problem.  She added what I reported to it.  She also said people are experiencing the problem differently.  Different error messages, or problems, but that they are related.  

As many have said it doesn't really matter what the problem is at this point.  It is a repeat problem ever week or two. Not acceptable.

New Poster

Yeah same issue here. Worst part is I run my online business through my emails. never had an issue before they started playing with stuff. And even when I did I was usually able to get in after a little bit. Odd thing is I can access my wife's emails, but not mine.

Just checked, and mine is now up, and running again at least for the moment.

Contributor

Mine was up for a few minutes, but is down again now.  Hopefully they're still working on it.  I was also not able to delete emails for a while, but then could.  Said my email was full but there was nothing in it.  

Frequent Visitor

Likewise.  This new version of email is very unreliable.  Second time in a week this has happened.  Last time it was down for 4+ hours.  Tech told me it was server outage caused by upgrade.  Duh!  Guess they are too stupid to test their upgrades before implementing. 

Frequent Visitor

My emails have been down for 4 hours now, spoke with chat, waste of time. "The engineers are working onit it to resolve as soon as possible. Maintenance should not take very long." Couldn't answer when asked about a possible time frame, just "not very long."

Every Sunday, it's something. Either the internet is having issues, or the cable, or the email. Usually goes on all day.

Contributor

Yes been down a few hrs here is Chicago......AGAIN. Alerted cust. service...as usual CRICKETS.

Frequent Visitor

When you try to contact chat,  they now have a banner saying there is a problem and they are working to get it fixed. Going on 7 hours for me now. I'm going to ask for a credit after this is up again. I know it's hopeless, but I'm going to be a PIA over this anyway.

Frequent Visitor

Chat person now says they expect to have it working by 4pm. I would suggest no one hold their breath. 

Frequent Visitor

I live in New Hampshire and I have not been able to receive emails since 4/22.  Spoke to two chat analsysts with no success.  I was told they would call last week, but never received a call.  I wouldn't place too much hope in a quick resolve.