Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyone UPSET with BLINKING advertising when signing in to retrieve EMAIL??

Frequent Visitor

Anyone UPSET with BLINKING advertising when signing in to retrieve EMAIL??

I'm LIVID with the new blinking advertising box on my email sign in page!  It causes problems with signing in immediately.....probably programmed this way so you'll look at the advertisement!!  I sent a complaint to comcast (see below)  if you agree, COMPLAIN!  We pay a high price to comcast for our email, now we have to be bombarded with this stuff It's worse than POP UPS because you have no choice but to look at that blinking mess!   Here's my complaint to Comcast..... more complaints and maybe they will discontinue or at least allow us to OPT OUT of seeing advertising on sign in page.  If I missed how to opt out of this, please let me know, it's driving me nuts because I didn't pay to see advertising...... I JUST WANT MY EMAIL BOX

FORWARD TO APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENT.
I'm VERY VERY Upset with the sponsored ADVERTISING BLINKING on my email sign in page!!!  It's ridiculous and causes major delay in signing in ie waiting for advertisement to load, then blinking causes me to wait to enter my username.  I pay dearly for your service, NOT ADVERTISING when I'm trying to access my emails.  You should either DELETE this form of advertising or ALLOW subscriber to OPT OUT of seeing this stuff that hinders signing in to email inbox!!

admin note:  shortened title to allow others to reply.

Message Edited by Jason1 on 02-14-2007 11:31 AM

Security Expert

UPSET with BLINKING advertising

AJL  complains about advertisements on the Comcast WebMail signon Page.

So do we all.

You can defeat these advertisements by using http://www.comcast.net/lite/ as your Comcast WebMail signon Page and turning off Flash.   You can defeat all webpage advertisements by turning off Flash and using an Ad Blocker such as ZoneAlarm Pro.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: UPSET with BLINKING advertising

Thanks for info...however, I went to the site suggested but could not find where to "turn off" FLASH on page.  Please give detailed instructions if possible.  I received response from my complaint to Comcast and was basically told "too bad, we have advertisements on sign in email page"
Security Expert

Re: UPSET with BLINKING advertising

AJL,

Or a better solution is to add an “On-Off Flash switch. You can use SpywareBlaster to achieve an “on” or “off” toggle for Flash. This is how I deal with Flash because I sometimes want to use it.  See  the SpywareBlaster paragraph in this  Anti-malware tools clickable link.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Anyone UPSET with BLINKING advertising when signing in to retrieve EMAIL??

I've tried to contact Comcast about the email service provided but there's no place to register a complaint Years ago, no problem with email access; now I have to sign in repeatedly before I get linked. A large part of the problem is the amount of advertising; why is this necessary when we are paying for this service? I changed cookie setting, and now I'm sabbotaged when I try to get my email. I keep getting flipped back to the entry screen, even though it's bringing up my local material. This is forcing me to pay for your advertising, and that's just wrong.

WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE!!! START DELIVERING!