New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

An email Attachment Issue

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

An email Attachment Issue

Email Issue

How do I remove an attachment from email I want to send ? There is an attachment on EVERY email I want to send and I cannot sort out how to remove it. It has personal information on it that I do not want circulated. How to remove please

Accepted Solution

Re: An email Attachment Issue

@Jawbreaker5 wrote: ... There is an attachment on EVERY email I want to send ...

If you are asking about the the "Attachments" link in the Compose window of Comcast's Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..."), the link isn't sent with your email and doesn't attach anything unless you use it to select files you want to send. Try it -- send a test message to yourself and you'll see that the link is not present in the received email.

It's a very poor user interface design, but harmless otherwise.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

You didn't make it clear what program you are using to compose and send your emails.  Most programs have a way to identify some kind of "signature" file that gets added to the bottom of what you write, or gets attached to the email when you send it.  That sounds like what you might be talking about. 

If that's it, then you need to look at the settings for your email program, find where it gets the "signature" from (it might be text that got entered into and saved by the program, or it might be coming from a file on your system, it will depend on the email program) and either clean out the signature, or tell the program you don't want it to include the signature information.

The details of how to do this vary from one email program to the next, and even if I knew what program you're using, unless I was already familiar with it, I might not be able to tell you how to get rid of the signature.

Gold Problem Solver

@Jawbreaker5 wrote: ... There is an attachment on EVERY email I want to send ...

If you are asking about the the "Attachments" link in the Compose window of Comcast's Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..."), the link isn't sent with your email and doesn't attach anything unless you use it to select files you want to send. Try it -- send a test message to yourself and you'll see that the link is not present in the received email.

It's a very poor user interface design, but harmless otherwise.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Bruce W. You are correct I did what you suggested and there was not anything attached. Any reasoning as to why the "attachment" is even on the email I'm composing ? Crazy! But thanks!

Frequent Visitor

I'm using Comcast mail. The issue has been resolved via the reply from Bruce W. Thanks!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation