Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Am I the only one who thinks the new email update is ridiculously bad

Visitor

Am I the only one who thinks the new email update is ridiculously bad

No matter what computer I try to use this updated email/webmail app on it runs much slower and freezes constantly.  I can't even get my address book to open and show the contacts properly.  What the heck?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Am I the only one who thinks the new email update is ridiculously bad

No, you aren't the only one! I've been trying to get to my email for hours but clicking on the Mail Icon on the Xfinity landing page just opens up another Xfinity landing page. This needs to be addressed!

Frequent Visitor

I completely agree with you!!  Mine freezes periodically and then I can't get back in.  I had a chat with a customer service rep and also on the phone.  Both were a waste of time and simply made me more frustrated.  The Comcast commercials on TV do not seem to reflect the service that you get online.  It is at their convenience.

Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

No. This new update is terrible. Aside from all the problems it has, the interface is nowhere as user friendly as the old one. Constant problems with it...signing in, sending an email, you name it. I's awful! Always some error message popping up. I have tried it on multiple browsers with similar results across our entire staff with different machines and different Operating systems. What bugs me the most though, is that you can't make a new folder within the move to dialogue box any more. So you have to go out and right click on the folder you want to create it in(which takes you to the folder you just right clicked on), make the folder, then go back and find your email again. Oh, and no drag and drop moving emails now either. Not sure who thought this update was good and ready to go. Trying to look like Outlook or sleek or whatever has ruined their email system. The old one was so much better and easier to use. Oh, and you used to be able to hover over images that were attached and get a preview or click on on a pdf and it would open in a new tab. Now it has added 2 or 3 steps to all that. Terrible is all I have to say! Please revert!!!