Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

All messages to q.com domain addresses blocked as spam

Regular Visitor

All messages to q.com domain addresses blocked as spam

For about a week, Comcast has blocked all outgoing Outlook email messages to people with q.com as an address domain.  Incoming messages do not get blocked.  Each time we get a rejection message categorizing the message as spam, even though it contains none.  Each of the addresses shows up as safe in Norton's add-in to Outlook.  When we send the same messages out using Gmail, they go out without problem.  Any advice?

Here's a sample:

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-12v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.171]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-13v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.237]
Arrival-Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 01:27:47 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; (address name)@q.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.
Last-attempt-Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 01:27:47 +0000

Email Expert

Re: All messages to q.com domain addresses blocked as spam

Call Comcast security to see what the blocking issue is and to get it fixed-------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Don't waste your time with this solution.  All Comcast security will do is have you send yourself an email.  Then when the email successfully is delivered they will insist you are on q.coms "black list".  I seriously doubt the person I spoke with was even trained as anything more than a call center employee who followed a script.  Totally useless.  

It it seem unlikely that q.com is blocking me as the emails I send are rejected immediately, in less than a second.  The message I get is from Comcast and says nothing about q.com rejecting my email. I'll bet this has more to do with xfinity blocking email with their rival century link.  

Regular Visitor

Comcast Security said not our problem, call Microsoft.  Microsoft said not our problem, call Norton.  Norton took over my computer and tested their system by turning off the firewall then said not our problem, contact CenturyLink (q.com).  I had CenturyLink email contacts contact them -- no problem on their end (plus I have no problem receiving emails from q.com addresses).  I tried resetting the modem and router -- no luck.  All the 'spam' q.com addresses show up in my safe sender list.  I'm still stumped.

Email Expert

Lutefisker wrote:

Comcast Security said not our problem, call Microsoft.  Microsoft said not our problem, call Norton.  Norton took over my computer and tested their system by turning off the firewall then said not our problem, contact CenturyLink (q.com).  I had CenturyLink email contacts contact them -- no problem on their end (plus I have no problem receiving emails from q.com addresses).  I tried resetting the modem and router -- no luck.  All the 'spam' q.com addresses show up in my safe sender list.  I'm still stumped.

I'm curious--------did you try sending to those addresses using only the Comcast webmail UI and your browser, instead of going through Outlook?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

The Xfinity mail browser appears to send a q.com message out without moving it to spam.

Regular Visitor

I successfully sent a message using Xfinity's browser and received a response.  Outlook allowed the q.com response to come through, but rejected my follow-up message as spam.  I now know that Outlook is my culprit, but I cannot find any setting blocking the q.com domain.  In fact, the three q.com addressees show up as trusted in Outlook.

Bronze Problem Solver

)

Lutefisker wrote:

I successfully sent a message using Xfinity's browser and received a response.  Outlook allowed the q.com response to come through, but rejected my follow-up message as spam.  I now know that Outlook is my culprit, but I cannot find any setting blocking the q.com domain.  In fact, the three q.com addressees show up as trusted in Outlook.

Outlook isn't blocking anything, q.com is doing the blocking. That's clearly shown in the stuff you posted in your first message. It's almost certain that the "spam content" they don't like is your IP address. When using an email client, like Outlook, the Comcast server will create a Received: header line showing your IP address (like all SMTP servers do), but when using webmail Comcast puts your IP address in a different header line. Q.com only scans Received: lines looking for "bad" IP addresses. I think your IP address might be in the CSI. You could try https://csi.cloudmark.com/en/reset/ , or maybe someone from the Comcast folks mentioned earlier would take a stab at it for you. I have no idea what their criteria are or how valid such listings are, nor any other ideas of how to fix the situation except to change your IP address. But now you should at least be able to stop banging your head against the wrong walls.