Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Advertisements

New Poster

Advertisements

I have other email addresses, however, Comcast is the only one where I get offers to buy items I don't want, need or asked for. Why? Does Comcast make money from allowing these advertisements?

Why am I being subjected to these ads?

Email Expert

Re: Advertisements

If you are talking about the ads to the right side of your screen, you can make them go away by clicking on that little arrow in the separator bar.  Or you can click on "Ad Info" underneath any of them and see your choices for opting out of certain kinds of ads.  You cannot get rid of all of them.  All ISP's use ads to offset expenses.  It's part of what you signed up for in your Comcast service agreement.  Free accounts don't have any infrastructure.  They don't have thousands of employees, service techs, vehicles or thousands of miles of cable to maintain and repair.  They have no physical facilites to operate.  All the freebies have to do is operate websites.

With Comcast email is not their primary operation/service.  It is only one bit of a large corporation that provides TV, Inernet and Telephone services.  None of the freebies do any of that.  You also have the option to use a browser add-on called "Ad Block Plus" to eliminate them.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Advertisements

Comcast is so desperate to get their stupid paid advertisements watched that they force them on you. Everytime I finally break down and watch one of the news videos or any video in full screen the only way I can keep from seeing the next comercial that follows the video is hit Control Alt Delete, then start the task manager to shut it off. On ce it's started there's no controls to stop them. That';s pretty sad.