New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Address Book not updating

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Address Book not updating

I have a NEW group created because last group was sending  multiple messages of same email to some people. 

I see the NEW group listed and can click on it to see the members however when I try to send an email to that NEW group it does not see it in the address book.   Any help woulfd be appreciated.  Comcast tech yesterday kicked it up a level, no response yet...Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Address Book not updating

fkreft wrote:

I have a NEW group created because last group was sending  multiple messages of same email to some people. 

I see the NEW group listed and can click on it to see the members however when I try to send an email to that NEW group it does not see it in the address book.   Any help woulfd be appreciated.  Comcast tech yesterday kicked it up a level, no response yet...Thanks

Therer are ongoing issues with the address book when using the full version of XfinityConnect.  Until this is fixed, we recommend changes to the LITE version to make changes, add contacts, groups, to the address book.

If you are unable to make changes in the XfinityAddress Book and are using the FULL version, if you switch temporarily to the LITE version:

This is a work-around you can use to make changes until Comcast fixes the problems.

To switch to Lite:

Open XfinityConnect and click on Preferences, then click on
the General tab.

Log Out and then log back in and you should be in the Lite
version ( It shows the version in red text on the upper left corner of the
page)

Now you should be able to make changes, and
the changes will be made immediately.

At this [point, you can choose to stay with
the Lite version until the issues are fixed, or you can click on Preferences
again, go back to the General tab, and switch back to the Full version.

CC

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

fkreft wrote:

Therer are ongoing issues with the address book when using the full version of XfinityConnect.  Until this is fixed, we recommend changes to the LITE version to make changes, add contacts, groups, to the address book.

If you are unable to make changes in the XfinityAddress Book and are using the FULL version, if you switch temporarily to the LITE version:

This is a work-around you can use to make changes until Comcast fixes the problems.

To switch to Lite:

Open XfinityConnect and click on Preferences, then click on
the General tab.

Log Out and then log back in and you should be in the Lite
version ( It shows the version in red text on the upper left corner of the
page)

Now you should be able to make changes, and
the changes will be made immediately.

At this [point, you can choose to stay with
the Lite version until the issues are fixed, or you can click on Preferences
again, go back to the General tab, and switch back to the Full version.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

The address book not updating is not a new problemYour "lite fix" is ridiculousWhy not just go back to the old versionThere were no problems until it was decided to "improve".  Due to health issues of a family member, I send out updates every few weeks to far too many people to add the names each timeHowever, I am not even receiving the copy I send myself because the my old work address is no longer active and it won't change to my new address when sendingHowever, if I check the address book, my new address is the only listingThis is happening on multiple addresses that have changed over the past 2 years and it's just a pain to remove the one or two addresses from each group after they have been added to the "TO" line to allow the message to be sentThen, I have to go back and send all of the  returned messages againPlease get this corrected soonIt's been months since the new program was forced on us and it just doesn't work!

Frequent Visitor

Is there a fix for the address book problem yet. I am sick of adding people to my address book only to find that they never show up on the address list when I click on "To" or "CC" buttons.  Please stop giving us new "improved" versions on email which do not fix such basic problems as these.

Official Employee

Are all contacts not showing up in the "TO" pop-up or just some?  Do they show up for auto-complete (when you start typing in part of the email address or contact name)?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I wasted 90 minutes on the phone with your tech support people on Friday after spending several hours beforehand trying to fiogure out the problem. He gave me a stupid work around which did not consistently work. Why don't you inform your tech support people of the problem or send out an alert to customers like me who pay for the poor service rather than waste my problem.

Thanks, Nate Murphy

Regular Visitor

I can create new address groups, but when I go to use them with the "TO" button, the new group isn't there.  I have tried switching to the "Lite version", and the same thing happens.  The "TO" button only sees the old groups, while the Address Book only sees the new groups.  Fixing the ADDRESS BOOK doesn't help because the TO button is looking somewhere else...not where the address book is looking.  Why can't COMCAST  fix this problem.  It has been going on way to long.  Why are there two locations for the address book, and only one of them is being updated?

Email Expert

Try having the address book re-synced. You need to send an email to helpme@sv.comcast.com In the subject line put "Need Slow Sync of Address Book". In the body of the message describe the problem, and make sure you include the email address with the problem. It can take up to 24 hours for the re-sync to work.

Now I am closing a 4 year old thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon