Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Adding contacts to an address book group

Regular Visitor

Adding contacts to an address book group

What is the process to add  a contact to an address book group?

Email Expert

Re: Adding contacts to an address book group

In the new email format, try t drag and drop the contact from the list onto the group folder in the left pane when you have the Address Book open.  If you are still on the old format, in the contacts list click on the contact to select it, and the toolbar above it becomes active, and you will see the button to add it to a group. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I was aware that I should be able to drag and drop, but it doesn't work and thanks for the suggestion.  I have also tried to click on the contact, but the toolbar does not give me an option to add to a group as it did before changes were made to the system.  Any additional thoughts?

Email Expert

In the new format you only have the drag and drop option.  Try using a different browser, or clearing browsing history in the one you use now.  Then close it out and re-start it in a fresh session.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Spent a great deal of time with Xfinity/Comcast customer service and learned the new Xfinity format is not completely compatible with Chrome which is the browser I use when the drag and drop does not work.  Determined the drag and drop to both email folders and address book groups works with Edge.  However, I am not totally convinced I like Edge as well as Chrome in general so far.  Bottom line, Chrome may not work with Xfinity changes with regard to email.

Email Expert

Bert68 wrote:

Spent a great deal of time with Xfinity/Comcast customer service and learned the new Xfinity format is not completely compatible with Chrome which is the browser I use when the drag and drop does not work.  Determined the drag and drop to both email folders and address book groups works with Edge.  However, I am not totally convinced I like Edge as well as Chrome in general so far.  Bottom line, Chrome may not work with Xfinity changes with regard to email.

You are correct------up to a point.  It seems to be an operating system and browser issue together.  I'm using Chrome on an iMac, and I have no trouble using drag and drop.  I tried it on my Windows laptop and had the same problem you are seeing.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon