Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Adding Pics to Address Book Contacts

Regular Visitor

Adding Pics to Address Book Contacts

I've tried repeatedly to add pics to existing Address Book contacts with no success.  I am well under the size limit for each photo.  It indicates it uploads the photo but then I get a pop up box asking if I want to crop the photo.  No photo appears but rather two small broken photo boxes.  If I choose Cancel (presumably to cancel the cropping request), no photo loads.  If  choose Crop, same outcome - no photo is added.

Email Expert

Re: Adding Pics to Address Book Contacts

Are you trying to do this in the address book of the old email format?  If so, I just tried it and it works for me.  Or are you trying someplace else?

ETA:  I just tried it in the new format, and it works for me there too.  The first one I had to crop, but the second one uploaded with no modification.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Latoque wrote:

Are you trying to do this in the address book of the old email format?  If so, I just tried it and it works for me.  Or are you trying someplace else?

ETA:  I just tried it in the new format, and it works for me there too.  The first one I had to crop, but the second one uploaded with no modification.

I'm not sure if it's the old or new format but I'm guessing it's the new.  I've tried Chrome and Explorer and two different laptops.  Every time I get the message the photo has loaded but don't see the photo then this popup window:

As you can see from the X boxes, there is no photo to crop or even cancel.  I've tried this with multiple contact names and multiple photos and now multiple browser formats.  Always the same result.

Email Expert

OK I don't know what else I can try.  In my last post I was working on my desktop---an iMac using Chrome.  I just tried it again on my Dell Windows 10, 2-in-1 laptop using Chrome, and I was able to upload a photo with no problem.  Did you try resizing to a smaller size first and then try it?  The photo I'm using is a selfie taken with the webcam built into the Dell.

ETA:  I just tried it on the laptop using IE-11 and it worked OK for me. 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I resized the pic down to 176KB right at the start so I know it's not a file size issue.  Thanks so much for trying again... and again!  I think it's going to require a call to Comcast since two attempts through the live chat didn't work and now the user forum. 

Email Expert

Just so you know-------------I  also have tried it now using Edge with no issues,  Works just fine.  In IE, do you  have Compatibility mode enabled for Comcast.net?  It's in the Tools menu,

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Latoque, I really appreciate all your trying here.  Yes, I have tried it with and without compatibility mode enabled in IE10.  I did call the Comcast/Xfinity help desk last week but got bounced around several times since no one is really equipped to deal with email type issues, certainly not this specific one.  I am still waiting on a call back as they had to escalate it.  

But I'm not giving up!  There has to be a setting somewhere that you have and I don't if you have had no problems linking photos with contacts.