New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Accessing all email accounts under one account

ANSWERED
New Poster

Accessing all email accounts under one account

I have several comcast email accounts and at one time I was able to set them up to be opened and read under one email account.  Meaning, when you signed into one email account,  listed on the left was the other email accounts and you could just click on them to open each one without signing in, and out of each one.

Now some are not working and I can't get them back on.  Under email prefernces the function of importing accounts will not work for me.

I've called Customer Service, but they are no help.

Is this feature no longer availabe between Comcast emails?

Accepted Solution

Re: Accessing all email accounts under one account

Thank you for the reply.  I did delete and tried to re-enter, but it did not work.

Can someone else help too?

View answer in context
Email Expert

The feature is still available, but it's wonky.  Try deleting the problem accounts and setting them back up again.  Really, you would be better off using a real email client like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.  That way you can have all your email accounts in one interface all at the same time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the reply.  I did delete and tried to re-enter, but it did not work.

Can someone else help too?

Email Expert

A couple of other things I can suggest---------use an email client like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.  That way all your accounts are in one place, easily visible, and the client keeps you signed in.  There are a lot of other advantages to using a client too.

An alternative--------open one of the other webmail programs like Gmail or Outlook.com.  Set up an account in it if you don't already have one.  Gmail lets you fetch up to 5 accounts from other email providers.  You can also set it to send from any email address you add to it.  Outlook.com I think has a similar capability.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem and it took almost a year for someone to finally get it right. I was contacted by a tech after I posted about it on the Comcast Facebook page. He was able to fix the issue on his end. Once he did I was able to add my secondary email accounts to the primary account. It had to do with permissions of the user. Whatever you do don't call Comcast customer service because that would just be a waste of your time. I PM you the phone number.

Good Luck

New Poster

As a matter of fact today I did call customer service and after 1 hour my problem was solved so it does pay to call at times.  I called before I read your response.