Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

Frequent Visitor

Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

Having an inordinate number of phishing email, I have been following instructions from Xfinity Security and sending the phishing email source code to abuse@comcast.net.  Today I tried to send 2, both bounced back with a transport server error msg.  Speaking with Xfinity Security, they insisted they had never heard of such of thing, though the transport server ip address was identified in the error msg.  X Security kept insisting on testing my email though after several logout/login and emailing myself, it was clear the issue was Xfinity server related. 

I may have to install my own spam and phishing filters as the deluge lately has not been staunched by Xfinity spam filtering.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

VW12 wrote: ... Speaking with Xfinity Security, they insisted they had never heard of such of thing ...

Typical Comcast, unfortunately. CentralOps.net's "Email Dossier" reports:

SMTP session

[Contacting mx1.comcast.net [96.114.157.80]...]
[Connected]
220 resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server ready
EHLO mx1.validemail.com
250-resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net hello [208.101.20.91], pleased to meet you
250-HELP
250-SIZE 36700160
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-STARTTLS
250 OK
MAIL FROM:<>
250 2.1.0 <> sender ok
RCPT TO:<abuse@comcast.net>
452 4.1.1 <abuse@comcast.net> user over quota
[Mailbox is full]
RSET
250 2.0.0 OK
QUIT
221 2.0.0 resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net closing connection
[Connection closed]

Official Employee

Re: Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

Thank you for posting and letting us know.

Our engineers are engaged and are actively looking into the issue at this time.

VW12 wrote:

Having an inordinate number of phishing email, I have been following instructions from Xfinity Security and sending the phishing email source code to abuse@comcast.net.  Today I tried to send 2, both bounced back with a transport server error msg.  Speaking with Xfinity Security, they insisted they had never heard of such of thing, though the transport server ip address was identified in the error msg.  X Security kept insisting on testing my email though after several logout/login and emailing myself, it was clear the issue was Xfinity server related. 

I may have to install my own spam and phishing filters as the deluge lately has not been staunched by Xfinity spam filtering.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon