Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

Having an inordinate number of phishing email, I have been following instructions from Xfinity Security and sending the phishing email source code to abuse@comcast.net.  Today I tried to send 2, both bounced back with a transport server error msg.  Speaking with Xfinity Security, they insisted they had never heard of such of thing, though the transport server ip address was identified in the error msg.  X Security kept insisting on testing my email though after several logout/login and emailing myself, it was clear the issue was Xfinity server related. 

I may have to install my own spam and phishing filters as the deluge lately has not been staunched by Xfinity spam filtering.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

VW12 wrote: ... Speaking with Xfinity Security, they insisted they had never heard of such of thing ...

Typical Comcast, unfortunately. CentralOps.net's "Email Dossier" reports:

SMTP session

[Contacting mx1.comcast.net [96.114.157.80]...]
[Connected]
220 resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server ready
EHLO mx1.validemail.com
250-resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net hello [208.101.20.91], pleased to meet you
250-HELP
250-SIZE 36700160
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-STARTTLS
250 OK
MAIL FROM:<>
250 2.1.0 <> sender ok
RCPT TO:<abuse@comcast.net>
452 4.1.1 <abuse@comcast.net> user over quota
[Mailbox is full]
RSET
250 2.0.0 OK
QUIT
221 2.0.0 resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-22v.sys.comcast.net closing connection
[Connection closed]

Official Employee

Re: Abuse@comcast.net bouncing back over quota???

Thank you for posting and letting us know.

Our engineers are engaged and are actively looking into the issue at this time.

VW12 wrote:

Having an inordinate number of phishing email, I have been following instructions from Xfinity Security and sending the phishing email source code to abuse@comcast.net.  Today I tried to send 2, both bounced back with a transport server error msg.  Speaking with Xfinity Security, they insisted they had never heard of such of thing, though the transport server ip address was identified in the error msg.  X Security kept insisting on testing my email though after several logout/login and emailing myself, it was clear the issue was Xfinity server related. 

I may have to install my own spam and phishing filters as the deluge lately has not been staunched by Xfinity spam filtering.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation