Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

AOL/Verizon Account suddenly won't connect with Xfinity

New Poster

AOL/Verizon Account suddenly won't connect with Xfinity

My partner and I have verizon.net email acounts. Recently, AOL has taken over all verizon acounts, though they still use verizon.net. About a week ago, I began getting general notices from AOL to check the server settings for security issues. I checked last week and my settings were identical to those AOL outlined. Suddenly today, my MacBook and iPhone would not connect to the AOL mail servers and I could not get my email. I called my partner at work and told him. He told me that he could not connect this morning with his Android, but now he can. It got me thinking, so I turned the wifi off on my iPhone to cut off my home Xinity wifi connection and just connected through my AT&T Wireless 4G. Lo and behold, my aol connected. I signed back out and turned my iPhones Xfinity wifi back on and once again, my phone would not connect to the server.

This is obviously a problem with Xfinity. Have setting changed today that suddenly block AOL servers? I was getting my mail just fine yesterday.

Admin1

Re: AOL/Verizon Account suddenly won't connect with Xfinity

Hi NickChia -- The reason you were unable to connect to AOL was due to a nationwide service interruption caused by an external network. This is why you were unable to connect via WiFi. No settings have been changed that would block AOL servers. This interruption was resolved yesterday. Can you confirm you're able to connect to AOL through WiFi now?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: AOL/Verizon Account suddenly won't connect with Xfinity

Currently Having that problem on two phones and computer. The email works fine with WiFi off. The phones are on Verizon.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation