Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

AOL Response re returned e-mails I sent to AOL users

New Poster

AOL Response re returned e-mails I sent to AOL users

My e-mails to AOL users are being returned to me.  This is the response I received from the AOL Postmaster when I opened a ticket.  Would like a response from Comcast.

Hello,

I am contacting you regarding the ticket you opened with AOL concerning an email delivery issue for the IP(s) 173.201.193.106.

This IP belongs to your hosting company(SecureServer.net), and has poor reputation. We are receiving high volume of pharmacy, lottery spam from SecureServer IP's. We have contacted them with a few examples, and requested them to secure the server. However, we are forced to temp fail emails from their servers until the server is secured. I understand that your domain is hosted on a shared server, but the spam issue seems to be occurring quite often. Please contact your hosting company, and request them to take effective measures to secure their server. 

---
Thank you
AOL Postmaster

Official Employee

Re: AOL Response re returned e-mails I sent to AOL users

I'm not quite sure how Comcast is involved here.  Are you sending the mails directly from your GoDaddy/SecureServer system to AOL recipients?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No, I'm sending them from my home computer.  I don't have a server or even really understand what that is.  I utilize the comcast internet services.

Official Employee

Could you send me a private message with all the correspondance with AOL, including any case numbers?  We may be able to contact them and get some additional information.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon