Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

3 of my POP Emails stoped working with Windows Live Mail

Regular Contributor

3 of my POP Emails stoped working with Windows Live Mail

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and use Windows Live Mail 2012 with a total of 7 Comcast.net E-Mail accounts, all of which are configured with POP3.

This setup has remained unchanged for years.

Starting a few weeks ago, 3 out of the 7 Comcast.net accounts will no longer connect with Windows Live Mail, but the other 4 work just fine.

I have read that other people are having this same issue, and it doesn't make sense why 3 out of 7 are having problems.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 3 of my POP Emails stoped working with Windows Live Mail

What happens when you try to connect? Does webmail work correctly? If you are getting any error messages please post them. The more details you can provide, the better.

If an error message contains an email address, edit it before posting to remove the userID portion. For example, if the message contained the email address "bobsmith@example.net", edit that so it reads "********@example.net".

Double check your Live Mail settings against https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email.

Regular Contributor

Now only 2 of them are not working.

This is the error shown:

Unable to send or receive messages for the ******@comcast account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Regular Contributor

Still having this issue a month later.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies