Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

2015 sent emails missing

Frequent Visitor

2015 sent emails missing

Hello! This has happened twice before...when comcast has done an alleged upgrade. Last time it got escalated up and up to higher comcast staff; it took six weeks for someone to fix it. My sent emails for 2015 have disappeared. I've put up with it for a few weeks but now it is beginning to be a huge problem. I'm busier this time of year and going forward into winter, spring and summer. I NEED to be able to see my sent emails often. With about 300 a day on average, I cannot remember exactly what I might have covered for whom on business. This has nothing to do with one computer or browser. It's the same on all of our computers, our neighbor's, and the library.

Any thoughts? I've tried to get on "chat" to get it "escalated" again, but I wait for an hour on the "your chat will begin shortly" and nothing happens. Thank you!!!

Email Expert

Re: 2015 sent emails missing

Before you do anything else, you need to check the email deletion schedules in your Comcast account preferences.  Assuming you are using the default Full version of Xfinity Connect-------------

------------from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>Email Deletion Schedules.  What is the Sent folder set at?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I should have mentioned that. It is set at "never." Warmly, Susan

Email Expert

Then as a precaution I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.

You can also call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Does it help to run a complete scan of one computer when, as I said, it's the same on all of our computers and the neighbor's and the library's and the UPS store's computers? Thanks again.

Email Expert

I would still run the scan just to be on the safe side.  You still don't know how the account was compromised at this point.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I so appreciate any and all efforts to assist...very kind.

Nothing is helping. I've been here before....each time I've been told it's due to an "upgrade" and eventually it gets solved after months by being "escalated" over and over up the line at comcast. I just really can't afford that "normal" process right now, but I may have no choice.

I have had friends and family check their computers (and then changed my password, etc although I trust them.) Everyone gets the same thing. 

Service Expert

While not directly related to your current issue, I suggest setting up an email client using POP settings.  That way even if something is deleted from the webmail interface your email will still reside on your computer.

A couple of questions:

It sounds as though you have heavy email usage.  You get 10 GB of space with each email address.  Is it possible you've exceeded that space and the sent emails were deleted to free up space?

If you're using residential service for a business have you considered business class service?

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Interesting input. I'm not sure how to determine if I've exceeded the space....but it's strange that only the 2015 emails keep being deleted. When they are put back after a few weeks when they disappear, no one at comcast has ever mentioned space.All I'm ever told that the problem was caused by an "upgrade." 

I use it to rent vacation property I own; there is a volume but I'm not sure business class is warrented if additional cost. Thank you again for your valuable time.

Regular Visitor

Comcast deleted 10 years of my email.  both incoming and outgoing some very important legal mail.

I wrote to the president and CEO of Comcast.  several people called me in a very condescening manner, talking to me like I'm a child.  I have forgotten more about IT that all of them put together know.  They will deny having the ability to touch any email accout.  And yet you can google comcast lost emails there are hundreds or thousand of people in the same boat.   There is no solution because they deny any responsibility.  And what can we do to the comcast giant.