Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

1 year of Sent emails and pre 2013 inbox emails Disappeared without a trace!

New Poster

1 year of Sent emails and pre 2013 inbox emails Disappeared without a trace!

Two days ago, I was searching for a work email on my comcast account that I sent to a client. I could not find it. I looked in my SENT Email folder, and all of my SENT emails between October 2015 and October 2016 are GONE - MISSING! So are emails in my inbox prior to 7/28/2014. GONE - MISSING!
WHERE DID THEY GO?

I’ve been a long long long time customer of comcast and this is not making me feel secure about hosting my email with Comcast! I switched a couple years ago to an IMAP account - and not I am sorry!!!!!

I had an online chat with a John - he could not resolve the problem. He emailed me directions that didn’t pan out. He referred me to a phone number to call.
He said to go into my preferences and check xfinity’s mail preferences and they had been changed to delete all sent messages after one month! WHO DOES THAT? Who deletes their SENT email messages after a month????

I called this “higher fix team” and this new gentleman was baffled and couldn’t find any reason why they would have disappeared.
He mentioned that if a server was down, perhaps the emails were stored on that server and they would re-appear magically once the servers are back up.
That sounds silly to me. The emails were not in my trash, junk, archive, etc.
Was my account hacked? I don’t think so, and neither did the technician I spoke to.
Why did this happen?

I am a Freelance Graphic Designer and over 60% of the emails were work emails and contacts on there that were very important to my business. I was trusting that they would stay on the comcast server and not be deleted. But now I have lost thousands of emails - thousands of files - hundreds of contacts information and emails. Thousands of emails of changes and approvals on current an ongoing annual projects that I have now lost…THIS IS NOT GOOD. I am losing money because of this.

Where are my emails? PLEASE FIND THEM.

Right now I am A VERY UNHAPPY customer.
Please respond with your resolution suggestion.

Email Expert

Re: 1 year of Sent emails and pre 2013 inbox emails Disappeared without a trace!

First, run a complete scan of your system with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.  What you are describing could indeed be the result of a compromised account.  In any case, call Comcast security to see if they can recover the missing messages-----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: 1 year of Sent emails and pre 2013 inbox emails Disappeared without a trace!

I really hope that you are able to recover your lost emails and files.

Things to consider moving forward.

• You're using Residential services for business emails.  You might want to consider switching to Business class services.
  • Consider using an email client like Outlook [not Outlook.com] to handle your email.  You can backup your contacts and files, as well as print out your contacts.  Your emails and contacts reside on your computer and are not subject to any kind of deletion, fixed or otherwise.
  • Consider using the Cloud for storage of your files and backup, or, at the very least, a removable hard drive.

No service is infallible, as is no computer.  Being proactive with your invaluable work information is always the best policy.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon