Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity and port 25

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 3 (464 Views)

Xfinity and port 25

I have a service announcement from Comcast, my provider, that I should not continue use of portal 25 for apple mail (Apple OS X). Please let me know  if there is another portal I can use for apple mail. 

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 2 of 3 (421 Views)

Re: Xfinity and port 25

The announcement is regarding the TCP port used to send mail from a mail client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, etc...if you log in and check your mail using a web browsers at the Xfinity Connect site, there are no changes you need to make.

If you use a mail client installed on your PC, you need to make the changes as described in the notification.

You can also look here for more information:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions
Posted by
Official Employee
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Xfinity Approved. We're Official Employees and here to Help!

Message 3 of 3 (419 Views)

Re: Xfinity and port 25

portalvm wrote:

I have a service announcement from Comcast, my provider, that I should not continue use of portal 25 for apple mail (Apple OS X). Please let me know  if there is another portal I can use for apple mail. 

Here is the specific link on how to configure Mac Mail for the new settings.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/setting-up-email-for-a-mac

-->