Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
New Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

POP3 and SMTP server address

I converted my e-mail to Comcast.  I need the POP3 and SMTP server addresses to be able to setup an account with Outlook 2003.  Please advise.

Posted by
Recognized Contributor

Re: POP3 and SMTP server address

Click on Help (not Forums Help, which is specific to the use of the forums).  Look for the Email Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs).  Complete Outlook configuration instructions will be found there.
Posted by
Email Expert

Thread moved from Connection forum.
Posted by
New Visitor

what are the pop3 and smtp setups >?

Posted by
Service Expert

aciewilliams wrote:
what are the pop3 and smtp setups >?

Right down at the bottom of this page is a search function.  Plugging in pop3 brought up these results.  As you can see, this question is asked a lot, and has been asked recently.  Smiley Wink  Welcome to the forums!
These are public Help and Support forums. As such, any personal information such as full name, address, telephone number, account number or email address can be viewed by anyone on the internet. Keep your identity safe and post only information related to your problem.

Official Comcast Employees names are in Red. "Experts" are customers who volunteer their time in the Help forums. Only Official Comcast Employees have access to your account information.
Posted by
Networking Expert

[ Edited ]
And of course there are the Comcast FAQ's...

Message Edited by Baric on 03-03-2008 09:35 PM
Posted by
New Visitor

I can't seem to get Windows 8 to recognize my Comcast email account, or password. I keep getting addon drop downs for for "Domain" and "Username". The error message I get back is " We couldn't find settings for tvonfeldt@comcast.net. Provide us with more info and we'll try connecting again. I've put in domain name "mail.comcast.net" with user name tvonfeldt@comcast.net, but it comes back with a request for a server address. What server address should I use? Windows 8 does not seem to be able to locate, recognize, or communicate with comcast servers. Error message "Unable to connect...."

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments