When I checked email today, it appeared that Comcast had made several changes in the format -- mostly good. However, I am not able to keep the same font face and size settings from one email to the next, as I reply to incoming mail. I have to set each one independently. My email is also double spacing every time I hit Enter, and I have no clue how to fix that. Is anyone else having a problem this morning?
I'm noticing the double spacing too. It's causing my signature line to go lower and lower with each return. Then I need to delete those extra line spaces. Can this be fixed. Other than that, I do like it a lot! There are lots of great improvements!!
Yes, mine was like that this morning....I tried contacting Comcast via email support and got nowhere. This is the 3rdx my email format has been changed in less than 2 mos. Does anyone know how to change to single spacing?
I actually don't seem to be having the double-spacing problem unless I'm playing with different fonts and colors. The same thing happens when I use HTML in my Yahoo mail, so maybe it's an unavoidable side effect.
Kudos on the new webmail format. In the next update, however, maybe you could find a way to display an outgoing name, and not just our email address? :-)
Okay, I've been using the new webmail all morning, and am noticing a couple of bugs/issues:
1) I checked my email, and found 3 new messages. I first read through them, and then began to reply. I clicked on the first email, replied, and then returned to my inbox -- only to discover that the other 2 emails had vanished. They were not in any of the folders, including the trash. This has happened twice in the past hour. I am given the opportunity to reply to only one new message, and the others disappear the second I click "send." It doesn't matter how many windows I have open; they all reload. This could have caused problems had any of those emails been important.
2) When trying to view messages in my sent folder, I am only able to read the first sentence, or half a sentence, in some cases. After that, the message entirely cuts off. I hope this is just a sent folder bug, and that my recipients are able to view the entire message.
The webmail developers have not been able to reproduce the same issues you have mentioned here. To help ensure that the problem is corrected, could you please either post back here or send me an email directly (email@example.com) with the following information so we can investigate the issue more closely:
- What browser are you using? (IE, Firefox, Netscape, etc.)
- What version number is the browser you are using? (to find the version number, pull down the Help menu from the top and select About name of browser)
- What is the operating system you are using?
- When you state you reply to the message, do you look at the inbox, put a check in front of the message and then press the Reply button or do you view the message first then hit the Reply button?
- In regards to the 2nd issue, are you seeing the entire Sent Mail folder view (i.e. including the Attachments section at the bottom) and is there a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that will allow you to scroll to the right to see the rest of the message? The recipients should be seeing the entire message that you have composed and then sent to them but it does sound like an odd Sent Mail folder issue.
If you could provide the above information it would be greatly appreciated so that our developers will investigate and resolve the issue.
When you state you reply to the message, do you look at the inbox, put a check in front of the message and then press the Reply button or do you view the message first then hit the Reply button?
I view the message, and then hit Reply. This opens a new window for composing my reply. Once I've sent that reply, I return to my inbox (thus closing the original email) and find that the message I've just replied to has completely disappeared. Even if I had somehow deleted it, shouldn't it have shown up in my Trash?
Note: This happened only twice this morning (and I check my webmail many, many times). It resulted in the loss of only a handful of unimportant emails. It hasn't happened since. I thought perhaps I had left my email client open at home, and the messages were downloading at the specified intervals (which would explain why they had vanished), but I checked this at lunchtime and it was not the case.
In regards to the 2nd issue, are you seeing the entire Sent Mail folder view (i.e. including the Attachments section at the bottom) and is there a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that will allow you to scroll to the right to see the rest of the message? The recipients should be seeing the entire message that you have composed and then sent to them but it does sound like an odd Sent Mail folder issue.
I am seeing the entire view, but there is no scrollbar. Not that it would be necessary, because some of my sent emails are showing only a handful of words, i.e., "What are you doing this weekend?" is showing as, "What are you" -- and then completely cuts off.
My recipients are seeing the entire message, and if I go into a sent email and attempt to reply to myself or forward the message along, I am able to then see the entire message, quoted.
ETA: The problems with the Sent folder seem to have been resolved, as of 2:00 PM EST. I am now able to view my sent emails in entirety.
Message was edited by: Tara
At this time the double-spacing is a known issue that our developers are working to correct. Until this is resolved, one way to get the single-spacing that you would like to see is to hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and then press the Enter key. Using this key combination does give you the single space you would like to see.