Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't send email which is using windows mail

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 3 (1,543 Views)

Can't send email which is using windows mail

Here is the error message

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'mikeevenson@comcast.net'. Subject 'email problems and research paper', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Mike Evenson

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 2 of 3 (1,540 Views)

Re: Can't send email which is using windows mail

Please refer to the e-mail client settings detailed in this post and adjust your settings as necessary. Please make sure that you follow all of the steps for your particular e-mail client.

JR

Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 3 of 3 (1,527 Views)

Re: Can't send email which is using windows mail

Pay particular attention to selecting the option "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". I would also recommend you change your SMTP port to 587 and turn on SSL.
-->