Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

second alarm sound

New Poster

second alarm sound

Any plans to add a second device that sounds the alarm? and when doors open/close?  With a 2 story house and a basement, we often don't hear the door open noise. I know a second screen doesn't make sense because the screen is the alarm system brain, but an audible clue that doors are open would be nice elsewhere in the house.

Official Employee

Re: second alarm sound

Hello cableuser1984. At the moment we do not offer a secondary device that is able to announce when the doors or windows open/close. We do offer an accessory remote siren that can repeat the alarm triggered sound. 

Here's an idea on how you can be notified when a door or window is opened/closed:

Set an automated rule: You can create a rule that sends you an SMS text or an email whenever certain doors/windows are opened/closed. Doing this would alert a mobile device of yours, which in turn can create an audible sound, thus alerting you of the action. 

If you want to try this and need help creating the rule, please see: https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-control/manage-create-rules-help/

Please let us know if this helps. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation