Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity home integration with Arlo cameras

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity home integration with Arlo cameras

It was last September when xfinity announced integration with Chamberlain /Liftmaster as well as Arlo cameras from Netgear .  I bought and successfully set up my Chamberlain garage door openers with the Xfinity Home app,  I bought some Arlo cameras in anticipation of the Xfinity Home integration and it still does not seem to be possible .  Is there something I am missing ,  or has Xfinity missed its deadline in offering support for Arlo? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity home integration with Arlo cameras

Hello Labileaffect, I have not seen anything about the netgear cameras but I could ask around. If we do have something it will only be so the Xfinity home app opens the camera view. It would be the same as the Chamberlain my q where our app can open the garage door but nothing more. It's nice to have one app and that's all it does for you. The rules in xfinity home would never trigger the net gear cameras to record Smiley Sad 

Dont be upset if they don't bring the cameras into the xfinity home app. It's sometimes better not to have all your eggs in one basket. 

Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I was wanting to use rules to trigger record and also motion to activate lighting. The Arlo app is sufficient if it's just to view in xfinity app in the future. I do have Chamberlain integrated into xfinity app and that's handy, for instance when I turn off alarm while driving down my street I also open up my garage door.
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if Comcast will ever integrate rules with other products such as nest thermostat, nest cameras or even the Chamberlain myQ. But it is nice to hear that you find a use for the Chamberlain integration on the Xfinity home app. I also want to stress caution while using the app and driving. Just a few weeks ago we had a middle school student get hit by a high school student while he was texting right on my road. Luckily she walked away from this with a broken arm caused by the mirror on his vehicle. A few inches over and he would have struck her dead on.
Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I know the orginal question is old but, this is a question that i still have been un able to answer. i have found several things on the web stating that Xfinity did partner with netgear/arlo. i would love to be able to add these cameras to the system if at all posible?

Comcast is bringing a couple of new third-party connected devices to Xfinity Home, its subscription-based home-security and home-automation platform. One of them is Chamberlain’s MyQ garage door controller and the other one is Netgear’s Arlo security camera.

The announcement comes a little over four months after the cable giant opened its connected-home platform to third-party vendors, admitting products such as August smart locks, Automatic’s car adapter/app, Cuff smart jewelry, the Leeo Smart Alert Nightlight, Lutron’s Caseta Wireless lighting controls, Rachio’s connected irrigation system, SkyBell’s video doorbell, and the Whistle pet monitor in the first wave.

Service Expert

@coreyccs88 wrote:

I know the orginal question is old but, this is a question that i still have been un able to answer. i have found several things on the web stating that Xfinity did partner with netgear/arlo. i would love to be able to add these cameras to the system if at all posible?

Comcast is bringing a couple of new third-party connected devices to Xfinity Home, its subscription-based home-security and home-automation platform. One of them is Chamberlain’s MyQ garage door controller and the other one is Netgear’s Arlo security camera.

The announcement comes a little over four months after the cable giant opened its connected-home platform to third-party vendors, admitting products such as August smart locks, Automatic’s car adapter/app, Cuff smart jewelry, the Leeo Smart Alert Nightlight, Lutron’s Caseta Wireless lighting controls, Rachio’s connected irrigation system, SkyBell’s video doorbell, and the Whistle pet monitor in the first wave.

FYI:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/our-partners

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation