Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Home Router

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Home Router

H

I'm trying to save the $10 Modem rental fee and am finding very confusing information about how to go about it and what's involved. I'll believe I'll still need device for the security, do I? And do I pay a rental fee for that? Can I get it and hook that up myself? Comcast wants a $50 setup fee and apearanty has no self install option.

THanks,

Tim

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home Router

If you’re going to your own modem, you will need a tech out to add a Netgear router with security software preloaded. There’s no rental fee. Self install isn’t an option

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have had Xfinity home for a few years now and have been upgraded to 150Mbps internet somewhat recently.  The Xfinity Home provided Netgear router is only 100Mbps.  Does Xfinity offer a 1Gbps solution now?  I have a tech coming out tomorrow for some internet connectivity issues and hoping they will be able to upgrade to a faster Netgear router for home so I can get my 150Mbps.  I'm also hoping that an "Internet tech" can replace the home router... in other words, won't need a separate "home" tech to replace.  Please advise, thanks. 

Official Employee

Your internet shouldn’t be going through the XHS router but your personal router. It also may be time to upgrade your personal modem or rent a gateway through Comcast.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Is she referring to the home security box? I don't have the home security. But if they are asking about the internet, can't they put the gateway in bridge mode to route the signals to the owners router? I've been curious about this..
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation