Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Home App crashes when viewing camera

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Home App crashes when viewing camera

Got a new phone, Samsung J7 prime, and the xfinity home app works fine except when you try and view the camera. The app opens up and connects to the camera where it provides a recent still photo but when you click on it to view the app crashes and states HOME HAS STOPPED. 

We have a Samsung Note 3 and S5 where the app works perfectly fine but both of our new Samsung J7 Prime phones the app crashes when trying to view the camera.

We have uninstalled and installed multiple times and have rebooted the phones as well multiple times with no luck.

Any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Home App crashes when viewing camera

Hi boexy,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issues with your new phone and the Xfinity Home Mobile App and the live feed of your camera. At this time there is a known issue with the Samsung J7/J3 phone that we are working to get resolved. I'd like to create a ticket to have your issue linked to this issues so once it's resolved, your account will be included in the fix. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation