Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xcam XW3 POE Y Adapter pin out?

New Poster

Xcam XW3 POE Y Adapter pin out?

Can someone provide me with a picture or detailed description of the pinout of a Y Adapter for the Xcam XW3 camera (the newest one, with the power that leads into the house and not up by the camera)? 

Long story short, I had to reset my router to defaults and upon doing so I lost the cameras connection to the network.  The installer did not leave the handy dandy Y Adapter behind either, so I have spent a couple hours trying to find the wierd connector pin out so I can cut two ethernet cables and tie into a ethernet block, but I cant find where the pins would go into the block.

This is not the older style adpter/cable with the male DC out (I have one of those and it doesnt work in this situation), this is the Y adapter with two male outs and one female input.  I believe the online instructions said one male was yellow and the other male one was grey, if that helps at all.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

James

Official Employee

Re: Xcam XW3 POE Y Adapter pin out?

jamesgipson, we can send a tech to your home to fix this for you and reconnect your cameras. Let me know. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation