Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Window sensor shows low battery warning after battery replacement

Regular Visitor

Window sensor shows low battery warning after battery replacement

I have replaced the battery in my Sercomm XHS2-SE Window with a known good battery, but I am still getting the low battery indication.

New Poster

Re: Window sensor shows low battery warning after battery replacement

I'm having the same problem.  I received a low battery warning for one door sensor, replaced the battery with a new one, the low battery message never cleared, and so I replaced the battery wiht another new one.  The low battery warning never resolved.  Then I got a low batter warning for a window sensor, I replaced that battery with a brand new one, and that low battery warning never resolved either.  Both sensors are working fine, but now I've still got two low battery warnings on my touchscreen.  I did a Xfinity customer support chat and they rebooted my modem, my router, my touchscreen, etc. and nothing worked.  I'd really like to have an Xfinity Home expert get involved in this thread because I think there are a lot of people having this problem.

Official Employee

Hello, did you clear the error from the the touchscreen? This can be done from the top left corner, there should be an icon appearing, tap the icon, and you will get a screen showing the errors. Check mark the error and select done, this should clear the error for the battery.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

@ComcastShane -- there is no way to "check mark the error and select done" on any screen on the touchscreen.  Is this maybe something you can do with technician login?  I still have two sensors showing low battery alerts even though I have replaced the batteries in both of them.  These are the only sensors I have had to peform battery replacements for since I got the system, so it's not like I have replaced batteries in sensors in the past and the alert has cleared.  There is clearly something going on with the system.

Valued Contributor

Did you reboot the touchscreen.  This is often required to clear the warnings.

New Poster

I rebooted the touchscreen.  Customer support rebooted the touchscreen.  Then they rebooted the modem, and then the router, and then the touchscreen again.  Nothing cleared the low battery alerts.

I replaced the batteries about 4 weeks ago at this point and the door/window sensors are working fine, except I still have the low battery warnings.  There has to be a way to clear these warnings...

New Poster

@ComcastShane or anybody else from Comcast -- can I get a reply to this issue?  I stil have the same problem even after several months.  The sensors I replaced the batteries in are working fine.  The problem is that the low battery alerts just won't clear.  Is there a solve for this?  Please help, because I'm about to get rid of the entire Xfinity Home system due to this issue...

Service Expert

@scottjudy wrote:

@ComcastShane or anybody else from Comcast -- can I get a reply to this issue?  I stil have the same problem even after several months.  The sensors I replaced the batteries in are working fine.  The problem is that the low battery alerts just won't clear.  Is there a solve for this?  Please help, because I'm about to get rid of the entire Xfinity Home system due to this issue...

I've had luck calling XHome service 1-877-298-0874

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation