members

online now

discussions

Vista 20p takeover 16 zones

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5
I have had 2 installers come out to install alarm. 1st said he only knows how to do wireless. The 2nd said they can only do up to 8 zones. However an old thread suggests they can do more than 8 zones. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Devices-and-Equipment/New-guy-thinking-about-upgrading-to-Xfinity-Alarm...

I am I just getting the run around by the contract installers? There is a split in the hardwire system that is explained on the panel. It is a Vista 20p.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

Hi Jsheil. Sorry for the experience you have received thus far. As for the number of sensors in your home, it is dependent on the amount of doors and windows you have in your home. I have personally scheduled a tech for an install on a home with 15 doors and windows, so we can ensure you are safe in the comfort of your home. In addition, I wanted to verify that our system is not wireless. Our cameras have to be plugged into a power source to be operated. As for the door/window sensors and motion sensors, those do not require a power outlet however an active internet connection is required to continuously monitor your system. 

If you'd like I can schedule an appointment with a tech for an evaluation, or better education of your system? If this is something you'd like to do, let me know and I can get it scheduled. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 5
The max number of zones in a Vista 20p is 8 with one being only for smoke alarms. If you have a zone expander already installed then that can be used, but Comcast will not install one. The post you are referring to talks about zone doubling which Comcast can't utilize 99%of the time. Open your security panel and see if there are resistors in the panel, if there are then Comcast can't zone double your system. Those other zones would have to be replaced with Comcast wireless sensors. Or you would have to combine zones to get down to 8 zones ie front and back door are one zone etc...
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 5
I am a Comcast Technician who installs security and is a takeover tech. They no longer let us use zone expanders to accommodate 8+zones, but any takeover tech should know we can group together multiple doors or windows on 1 zone. Example : zone 2 front door/garage entry door, zone 3 garage side door and sliding door, zone 4 family room windowsx4, zone 5 upstairs/downstairs motions.. We can group together multiple door and windows all on 1 zone.
Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 5 of 5

ATTENTION 

Are you a Comcast employee or contractor ? If so, you may not be aware of this fact: Comcast employees must be authorized by the forum administrator in order to post in an official capacity. Employees have their names in RED and are designated as such.

If not authorized they can post here but cannot state they are employees. Nor can they allude to being employees.

You can contact the community manager here (Comcast Alan) about it;<br
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/5940005

Or the forum administrator (Comcast Jessie);
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/6173806

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon