Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Turn on lights with X1 remote

Contributor

Turn on lights with X1 remote

So I have Xfinity Home Secure and I’ve connect the Sengled Element Touch lightbulbs to the touchscreen. I’m able to set up automation rules and have them go on and off, etc. But I want to be able to use my X1 remote and turn my lights on or off. Is this possible to have this voice control with the Xfinity Home Secure? I’ve set up stuff thru IFTTT but that’s not an available option and Comcast won’t do Alexa integration so that’s about the only other solution for voice control for the Xfinity Home Secure. 

Service Expert

Re: Turn on lights with X1 remote

lkpolovchik wrote:

So I have Xfinity Home Secure and I’ve connect the Sengled Element Touch lightbulbs to the touchscreen. I’m able to set up automation rules and have them go on and off, etc. But I want to be able to use my X1 remote and turn my lights on or off. Is this possible to have this voice control with the Xfinity Home Secure? I’ve set up stuff thru IFTTT but that’s not an available option and Comcast won’t do Alexa integration so that’s about the only other solution for voice control for the Xfinity Home Secure. 

The X1 remote only works with the X1 system; it has internal programming.  Just thinking it would make sense to put voice commands in the mobile apps.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation