New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Touchscreen volume

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 54

If my volume doesn't work if someone breaks into my house, what good is your system. Comcast owes all of us at least a couple weeks refund for the service. They gave me a $20 credit because after their update my alarm went off when at work. They called and said my back door had been opened. It hadn't. Then the thing with the super loud volume. Now no sound at all. Come on Comcast - fix this.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 52 of 54

I don't feel this is the solution. I have my volume set to the make and all my chimes have a sound assigned.  When the alarm is arming or when I open the door the sound that is suppose to warn me to turn off the alarm is barely audible.  When the last update was issued it was way to loud even at the lowest volume... then another update was issued shortly after and the sound has been barely audible ever since even with the volume up as high as possible set on the touch screen or by the toggle buttons on the side.  I just got talked to a rep who said a tech would have to come to the house to assist with this problem - saying it was my home and I would have to pay?!?!  I am thinking we need to look into a new alarm system.  This is a problem, comcast should just admit is and say they are working on it... the the customers know they are working on it - communication is key!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 53 of 54

Thank you ..after 12 frustrating days.. You were first on the forum to solve the problem ! even if is only a temporary work around

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 54 of 54

I'm experiencing the same problem as others here.  First the volume was painfully loud, now I can barely hear it.  This is not at all acceptable, totally poor service.  Hopefully they'll do a fix for this asap.