New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Touchscreen volume

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Touchscreen volume

If my volume doesn't work if someone breaks into my house, what good is your system. Comcast owes all of us at least a couple weeks refund for the service. They gave me a $20 credit because after their update my alarm went off when at work. They called and said my back door had been opened. It hadn't. Then the thing with the super loud volume. Now no sound at all. Come on Comcast - fix this.

New Poster

I don't feel this is the solution. I have my volume set to the make and all my chimes have a sound assigned.  When the alarm is arming or when I open the door the sound that is suppose to warn me to turn off the alarm is barely audible.  When the last update was issued it was way to loud even at the lowest volume... then another update was issued shortly after and the sound has been barely audible ever since even with the volume up as high as possible set on the touch screen or by the toggle buttons on the side.  I just got talked to a rep who said a tech would have to come to the house to assist with this problem - saying it was my home and I would have to pay?!?!  I am thinking we need to look into a new alarm system.  This is a problem, comcast should just admit is and say they are working on it... the the customers know they are working on it - communication is key!

New Poster

Thank you ..after 12 frustrating days.. You were first on the forum to solve the problem ! even if is only a temporary work around

Regular Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem as others here.  First the volume was painfully loud, now I can barely hear it.  This is not at all acceptable, totally poor service.  Hopefully they'll do a fix for this asap.  

New Poster

Same problem here for past three weeks. First software update made the volume painfully too loud.  Second software update made volume inaudible and useless.  I expect a credit for this disruption in service....

i finally found the work-around on this forum and was able to set the volume to where I want it.  

This permenant fix is taking too long and is a security risk for any customers that have not found the work-around on their own.

New Poster

Are they any closer to REALLY fixing this problem?
New Poster

I have been annoyed by this issue for weeks.  I just chatted with someone who told me to do the same thing as described in the workround posted earlier.  It did not work for me, but my ringer volume was already all the way up. She said the next step was to have a tech come out.  No thanks.  Just for the heck of it, I just turned my ringer volume all the way down, did the alarm test again, and turned the ringer up as it beeped.  This actually worked, at least to an extent.  I hope there is a real solution coming.  

Regular Visitor

Wouldn't call this ...SOLVED.

The problem/glitch with touchpanel volume too quiet when on Maximum level still exists.

The link applied explains how to adjust your volume, in case you hadn't thought of that....gasp.

New Poster

I managed to get the volume back up by going into the sounds settings on the touch-panel. It's silly you have to do this, and nothing else worked and waiting for a software update with an unknown time is not acceptable. 

Anyway, follow these steps: 

1. Open the volume/sound settings from the touch-screen panel

2. When you see the volume number, (mine was 7 for both) you can tap the volume (on the software keys) softer or louder and nothing happens

3. Now, locate the volume rocker (hardware keys) on the side of the panel and you should be able to turn up the volume, but this should only be audible and not actually change the volume. 

4. This is where the ridiculousness comes in: You have to turn the software (on screen) volume up button in a sequence with the hardware volume button on the side, and you can eventually bring the volume of the chimes back up. You'll notice two "volume" visuals on the screen, one is for the unit volume, one is for the chime volume. It takes a bit of time, fiddling, and patience to get the volume up, and doesn't work immediately. What's happening is the software button is not being recognized as a tap, without a trigger of the button on the side. A serious whoopsie by their software engineers. 

I hope this helps you, like it did for me. Seriously annoying and risky to those with kids too—not being able to hear a door open or close! 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for information.  Got mine to work by doing as you suggested.  Alternated pushing the software and hardware buttons and it eventually when up.

New Poster

This has been happening for months now and I tried all that everyone mentioned. So frustrating
Regular Contributor

If you go into the settings menu for touchscreen sound configuration and go to the screen that shows the two options for changing the sound and repeatable press the one that should probably be showing a 7 and the sound button on the side it will eventually increase the sound.  Have to do rapidly.

New Poster

I had an older box and moved and they put the new white one in and the volume is so low I can barely hear it. The old touchscreen was really loud, but I could turn the volume down. Just installed 10/2017
New Poster

I have a brand new white one installed a few days ago and can hardly hear it.
Service Expert

Eregan24 wrote:
Mine is doing the same thing! I can't hear any noise coming from the touch screen for sensors opening or it being alarmed and disarmed

You didn't say you tried this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/change-sound-settings-for-touchscreen/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for posting your solution.  I have been on the phone with Comcast three separate times for close to an hour each time about this issue and they offered no solution and no monetary credit for an inoperable system.  They wouldn't even send a technician out.  I applied your solution this evening and it worked.