New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Touchscreen low volume

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Touchscreen low volume

Has there been a fix for the inability to adjust the volume on the touchscreen? A few months back an update occurred and ever since I have been unable to adjust the sensor volume (too low).

Accepted Solution

Re: Touchscreen low volume

There are two work arounds that I have heard of.  The one that I tried and worked is to go into the touchscreen settings and the volume controls screen.  There you will find two settings for volume.  Alternate pressing the bottom setting (will read 7) and the volume botton on the side of the touchscreen.  Do it fast and the volume should slowly go up.  A second work around that is suppose to work is to adjust the volume while the system is in the process of arming.  I haven't tried this myself.

View answer in context
Service Expert

pdfoster58 wrote:

Has there been a fix for the inability to adjust the volume on the touchscreen? A few months back an update occurred and ever since I have been unable to adjust the sensor volume (too low).

Are you saying this didn't work?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-sound-settings-for-touchscreen

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes, It doesn't work. The sound goes up but still barely audible on 7.

Valued Contributor

There are two work arounds that I have heard of.  The one that I tried and worked is to go into the touchscreen settings and the volume controls screen.  There you will find two settings for volume.  Alternate pressing the bottom setting (will read 7) and the volume botton on the side of the touchscreen.  Do it fast and the volume should slowly go up.  A second work around that is suppose to work is to adjust the volume while the system is in the process of arming.  I haven't tried this myself.

Regular Visitor

Thanks! The alternate button pushing worked great.