Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Touch Panel Beeps Intermittently

ANSWERED
New Poster

Touch Panel Beeps Intermittently

My touch panel has started to beep intermittently. We have noticed it when we are watching TV and we hear it beep 2 times. No activity in the house. Any ideas as to why. I am going to see if it is happening at the same time. It did it today at 8:30am. I will check and see if it does it again tomorrow. There is no activity in the log.

Accepted Solution

Re: Touch Panel Beeps Intermittently

Could the touchscreen perhaps be losing (and then regaining) connectivity for some reason, or perhaps one of the sensors might be losing/regagining connectivity, if not even low on battery maybe, which can cause an occasional alert?

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  No doors or activity is going on.

Problem Solver

Could the touchscreen perhaps be losing (and then regaining) connectivity for some reason, or perhaps one of the sensors might be losing/regagining connectivity, if not even low on battery maybe, which can cause an occasional alert?

New Poster

Mine has stopped doing it shortly after I posted to the forum. Maybe there was an upgrade pushed out or it was like you said, a connectivity issue that resolved itself.

New Poster

Mine does the same thing.  It says battery could be low but has been plugged in the whole time

Frequent Visitor

Mine stopped beeping too...

Contributor

the double beep on the screen usually indicates a problem in the system, could really be any problem from no power to sensor low battery

you can always log into the web portal and review the history under the history tab. 

most problems with the back up battery low or bad message were resolved with a firmware update

New Poster

My Comcast Home Security System was installed less than 24 hours ago. The battery low beep keeps going off. I just got it, so what's going on and what should I do?

New Poster

It probably beeping because it not connected to the outlet or it could be something else to find out go to the xfinity home web portal not the app the website because the website will give you the full problem just see if that trouble sign is on the top or just go to history and there it should be!
Connection Expert
Moved:

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation